+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Spouts coming off tubing

Default Spouts coming off tubing

I replace my spouts every year ( 5/16 clear CDL spouts) and this year is the first that I have had this problem. I have a mix of 5/16 and 3/16 tubing all connected to mainline. On the 3/16 I use 5/16 drops. While pulling taps I found a large amount ( 40% ) of drops that had pulled off of the spouts but only on the 3/16 runs. Any else experience this? I am thinking the 3/16 line is freezing first then the drop is filling and freezing pushing the drop off the spout. I know I need to check my lines more often but sometimes the extra time to do that is not available.

I can't say, I had no pull offs. I had about 60% on 5/16 laterals and 40% on 3/16, all used 5/16 drops. For components used I had 50% on Zap Bac Spouts and 50% on CV2. My older tubing is Leader 30P and all new tubing this year was CDL. All drops were new. We did walk and check for leaks daily.
    Dave Klish, I recently ordered a 2x6 wood fired evaporator from A&A Sheet Metal which I will be converting to oil fired
    Now have solar, 2x6 finish pan, 5 bank 7x7 filter press, large water jacketed bottler, and tankless water heater.
    Recently bought another Gingerich RO, this one was a 125, but a second membrane was added thus is a 250, like I had.
    After running a 2x3, a 2x6, 3x8 tapping from 79 taps up to 1320 all woodfired, now I'm going to a 2x6 oil fired and a 200-425 taps.

I had alot of problems this year with the Leader 3/16" stubbies pushing off the checkvalves. It happened on at least 5 different occasions and after a freeze at night. On the contrary, the new Leader clear checkvalves are so hard to get off the stubbies that they are breaking off in the trees. I have gotten real good at using two pair of pliars the past few days. I can overlook this issue because those did not come seperated during the season. They really dropped the ball on this one with the 3/16" stubbies and I will be complaining to Leader! I most likely will tear them all out for next year. I can't afford these stupid, costly, poor equipment design failures. You know its bad when your vacuum gauge is down and the first place you head for is the 3/16" patch.

I even had one pop out in my 3/16" non mechanical vacuum pasture trees - natural vacuum only. Never had so many pop outs in my life. Very unhappy!
    Last edited by markcasper; 05-04-2018 at 12:40 PM.
    Mark

Where we made syrup long before the trendies made it popular, now its just another commodity.

John Deere 4000, 830, and 420 crawler
    1400 taps, 600 gph CDL RO, 4x12 wood-fired Leader, forced air and preheater. 400 gallon Sap-O-Matic vacuum gathering tank, PTO powered. 2500 gallon X truck tank, 17 bulk tanks.
    No cage tanks allowed on this farm!

+ Reply to Thread