+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New press is passing DE 😡

Here are pics of the last window and endplate i rotated the endplate for reference my first time adding a picture well see how this goes

image2.jpg

image1.jpg

One of the promoted features of the press was not being able to install a plate backwards and due to lack of experience with with the new filtering system I was not aware the endplate could be rotated 180 deg. So we were not even looking at that as a source of the problem. We did take photos of the DE cake and plate orientation during disassembly to aid in troubleshooting but not any of the endplate. Sometimes the learning curve is steep enough to be able bang your forehead aginst it while your climbing.
    Thanks for all the replies I will add an update after this weekend on how it went.
    Jeff

Haynes Forest Products Guest

I will admit that if it can be misunderstood I'm your guy. I invent new ways to screw things up. To avoid ever dumping concentrate on the ground like I do I gave a blanket statement that no valves should be left open EVER. Friend was HELPING ME RO so he made sure all valves were shut even the concentrate line valve out side on the bulk tank. Man when that line on the back of my RO exploded taking the 1" PVC plumbing with it.

Don't feel alone on the adventure. "The sport of sugar making is fraught with disaster and danger every step of the way".

I did the exact same thing last year for over an hour of changing papers and scratching my head....until I saw the ports on the top. Now I leave it in place and just rinse the window plates
    March 2011- my brain had a weird spark
    3 taps then 14
    2012- 35 taps
    2013-GBM 2x4 150 taps
    2014- Custom 2x10
    2015- Smoky Lake 2x2 syrup 2x8 drop flue
    2016- turbo 2000 and 36 cfm sihi 500 taps,
    2017- SL filter and bottler

Thanks for all the replies we filtered and bottled 19 gallons of syrup on Saturday, with for the most part no issues the endplate being installed incorrectly was the problem other than that small hurdle the press has made filtering and bottling a much more enjoyable process for us.
    Thanks agin Jeff

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123