+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: On my way

Dave,

Very happy to hear things went well!

Steve
    2014 Upgrades!: 24x40 sugarhouse & 30"x10' Lapierre welded pans, wood fired w/ forced draft, homemade hood & preheater
    400 taps- half on gravity 5/16, half on gravity 3/16
    Airablo R.O. machine - in the house basement!
    Ford F-350 4x4 sap gatherer
    An assortment of barrels, cage tanks & bulk tanks- with one operational for cooling/holding concentrate
    And a few puzzled neighbors...

http://s606.photobucket.com/albums/t...uckethead1920/

Haynes Forest Products Guest

Crap OK I wont use the edit option just so you can make fun of me. Surprised a bunch of sugar maker could catch a simple spellllling erroe.

Yea, Haynes, I often have that auto correct problem when texting. I don't notice that auto correct made it incorrect until after I hit send. I've even gotten inappropriate texts from friends that are way out of character for them, then they text again with the right text. Things like this help lift the day and break any monotony.
    By the way, yesterday was a big improvement for me. It was the first day I could get up out of my recliner without assistance. My first real shower since surgery was a big plus too. And I slept 2 nights in a row now without needing to get up during the night, that is another plus. Today, I'm home alone, my 92 yr old aunt (as of 5/5) fell yesterday and my wife is going to the ER with her. She thinks she may have broken her ankle. If I need help, I can call my daughter who is just 3 blocks away, but then she needs time to get her 4 kids ready, ranging from 3-9 yrs. The 9 yr old could do most anything, he is extremely strong for a 9 yr old, and he can walk here in 3-4 minutes.
    Right now, I'm going to go answer the call of my recliner again. The only issue then is keeping out 7 month old cocker spaniel from jumping on my surgery sites. She's a great puppy but does not understand why I played so hard with her last week but not now.
    Dave Klish, I recently ordered a 2x6 wood fired evaporator from A&A Sheet Metal which I will be converting to oil fired
    Now have solar, 2x6 finish pan, 5 bank 7x7 filter press, large water jacketed bottler, and tankless water heater.
    Recently bought another Gingerich RO, this one was a 125, but a second membrane was added thus is a 250, like I had.
    After running a 2x3, a 2x6, 3x8 tapping from 79 taps up to 1320 all woodfired, now I'm going to a 2x6 oil fired and a 200-425 taps.

Haynes Forest Products Guest

Recliners and inlaws have the same effect on me the more time I spend with it the worse I feel. You gotta get up and move even if its painful. Thanks for what you do for the site. I think we only had a few instances of smoke and quickly doused them with water so the site is safe for awhile.

While I'm spending time in the recliner, I get up and take walks. I took my two longest today and it surely helps.
    Haynes, I did notice the water dripping from the corners, but I dried it out.
    Dave
    Dave Klish, I recently ordered a 2x6 wood fired evaporator from A&A Sheet Metal which I will be converting to oil fired
    Now have solar, 2x6 finish pan, 5 bank 7x7 filter press, large water jacketed bottler, and tankless water heater.
    Recently bought another Gingerich RO, this one was a 125, but a second membrane was added thus is a 250, like I had.
    After running a 2x3, a 2x6, 3x8 tapping from 79 taps up to 1320 all woodfired, now I'm going to a 2x6 oil fired and a 200-425 taps.

Update. I've been doing much better, but still get tired easily. Yesterday I had an appt. at the surgeon who did the operation. He told me that he only had to remove 15% of my left kidney and that pathology on the part removed showed that the edges were clear, meaning the cancer was totally removed. My next visit is in 6 mos. Shortly before that I get a CT scan to verify that there is no cancer. He says I do not need Chemo or Radiation.

That is good news!! And getting tired easy is normal after having surgery. It'll be a little while before you start to feel like your actually gaining on getting back to where you were before the procedure. Take it easy and use this "slow" time for planning next years sugaring season!
    2014 Upgrades!: 24x40 sugarhouse & 30"x10' Lapierre welded pans, wood fired w/ forced draft, homemade hood & preheater
    400 taps- half on gravity 5/16, half on gravity 3/16
    Airablo R.O. machine - in the house basement!
    Ford F-350 4x4 sap gatherer
    An assortment of barrels, cage tanks & bulk tanks- with one operational for cooling/holding concentrate
    And a few puzzled neighbors...

http://s606.photobucket.com/albums/t...uckethead1920/

That sounds like all good news! Good to hear.
    John
    2x8 Smokylake drop flue with AOF/ AUF
    180 taps on sacks
    75 on 3/16 tubing with shurflo
    Eden Prairie, Minnesota

Fantastic news Dave. It’s great that they were able to get it removed with surgery, not have to go through chemo and radiation.
    Sugaring for 45+ years
    New Sugarhouse 14'x32'
    New to Me Algier 2'x8' wood fired evaporator
    2022 added a used RB25 RO Bucket
    250 mostly Sugar Maples, 15% Soft Maples. Currently,(110on 3/16" and 125 on Shurflo 4008 vacuum, 15 gravity), (16,000 before being disabled)
    1947 Farmall H and Wagon with gathering tank
    2012 Kubota with forks to move wood around

That's good to hear Dave. I hope that your CT scan comes back clean.
    Russ

"Red Roof Maples" Where the term "boiling soda" was first introduced to the maple world!

1930 Ford Model AA Doodlebug tractor
    A couple of Honda 4 wheelers
    Four chainsaws and no chickens!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast