+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Acid Wash

Haynes Forest Products Guest

I'm also a big proponent of if you know your machine and what your doing by all means do your own end of year final cleaning. I for one will admit I do't have a clue as to how to check for this or make sure you do that when it comes to the nuances of the RO. But I do know that you cant rinse or clean it enough so I error on the side of clean clean clean. I RO a fellow producers sap because he got a simple to use hard to clean machine and so after the first year it was all fouled up and he bought new membranes and they are shot also.

I checked with CDL Lancaster and it's $165 per membrane. I drop it off and they take care of the rest. This summer, I'll have a construction project in the North Country and will be making weekly trips through Lancaster, so I may just go this route to be on the safe side, and I'll get a benchmark report.

How come the benchmark tests are different between the maple companies. For H2O, you set the pressure valve, so the pressure is at 150psi and you take a permeate reading. For Lapierre, you set the concentrate to 3gpm and pressure at 225 and take a permeate reading.

For what it's worth, after the first wash cycle, my membrane tested at a corrected 6.12gpm. Does this sound about right for an 8" membrane?

You can use whatever pressure you want as long as it is the same as your first benchmark on that membrane in that machine. From what I understand concentrate flow is irrelevant to benchmark. One thing I did not realize until recently is different membranes have different temperature correction charts.
    William
    950 taps
    3 X 12 Thor pans on a Brian Arch
    CDL 600 expandable

I checked the Lapierre and H2O owners manuals and they have the same correction charts.

If I send the membrane out to get cleaned/benchmarked, don't I want to use the same benchmark method they used or won't I get different perm. flows?

Saw an MES chart the other day and it seemed way different than Lapierre.
    William
    950 taps
    3 X 12 Thor pans on a Brian Arch
    CDL 600 expandable

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12