+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Aquatec 8800 with a 4" membrane?

Default Aquatec 8800 with a 4" membrane?

This season I built a home built RO that produced about 8 gallons of concentrate an hour using an Aquatec 8800 pump and three 400GPD membranes. It sold me on using an RO and next year I'd like to upgrade to something that could produce around 25-30 GPH of concentrate. I have a parts list using a 4" 2600 GPD membrane along with a feed pump and a procon pump but I was reading the specs on the 4" membrane and saw that it requires 100 PSI. My question is, with the setup I built this season I used an Aquatec pump that also ran about 100 PSI so I'm wondering if I could just use the Aquatec with the 4" membrane. Is that an option? I'm guessing not, but I just wanted to ask.
    About 300 taps
    2'x6' air tight arch
    Semi complete 12'x24' sugarhouse in Somers, CT
    My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/CapturedNature
    My eBook: Making Maple Syrup in your Backyard

This morning it occurred to me as to why the aquatec pump would not work - flow rate! While it can supply 100 PSI pressure, it can't supply 2500 GPD of sap. I thought about the flow rate and realized that it can only do about 15-20 gallons an hour which means I'd never get the amount of concentrate that I'm looking for.

I like it when I can answer my own question but apologize for cluttering up the forum!
    About 300 taps
    2'x6' air tight arch
    Semi complete 12'x24' sugarhouse in Somers, CT
    My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/CapturedNature
    My eBook: Making Maple Syrup in your Backyard

ok how about this one dave what about a 60 to 80 psi feed pump (sprinkler pumps often run that psi) to supply volume put a check vaulve in and use an 8800 to supply the psi i understand some of the aquatecs will go up to 140 to 160 psi at 50 gallons an hour
    Last edited by metalhead62; 04-09-2018 at 07:47 AM.

+ Reply to Thread