+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pans

I have a SL 2X5 Hybrid Pan, back section is 2X3 with drop flues, front section is divided into two and flat bottomed for finishing syrup. My arch is a poorly manufactured homemade oil tank version with a blower, I made it so I know just how bad the build went. I get max 20 gal an hr if my wood is perfect. it takes ALOT of sap to get the continuous flow started but when it does its awesome. I highly recommend SL. Their quality and after purchase service is second to none.
    2014 - 6 buckets, 4 coffee cans and a propane burner - almost 40L of sap and 1.6L of syrup
    2015 - 103 taps on gravity. Homemade oil tank arch and a Smoky Lake 2' X 5' hybrid. - 2.66 gallons of syrup
    2016 - 101 taps, 550 gallons of sap, ~10 gallons of syrup all dark.
    2017 - 138 taps, 225 gallons of sap, 5.55 gallons of dark syrup, still procrastinating on the vac.
    2018 - ~150 taps, I lost track of the sap it was incredible!, over 20 gal of syrup, all dark.

Well my arch is made from a oil tank to I have lined it with fire bricks and put a grate in it and it has two pans back one is 2x3 front is 1x2 I think I get about 10gph so it sounds like a pan with drop flues would double my boil which would be great. What is the cost of a pan like yours, thanks for the info. I have about the same amount of taps as you and to date have made 9.5 gal of syrup

https://www.smokylakemaple.com/produ...-hobby-pro-pan

This is mine. its was ~$200 cheaper when i bought it. I sold a pile of fishing and hunting gear to offset the cost. I STILL caught flack when she-who-must-be-obeyed found out the price. Her exact words were, "We could have bought a new COUCH!" My reply of, "I wouldn't sell my gear to buy a couch" was wrong....very very wrong.... ;-)
    2014 - 6 buckets, 4 coffee cans and a propane burner - almost 40L of sap and 1.6L of syrup
    2015 - 103 taps on gravity. Homemade oil tank arch and a Smoky Lake 2' X 5' hybrid. - 2.66 gallons of syrup
    2017 - 138 taps, 225 gallons of sap, 5.55 gallons of dark syrup, still procrastinating on the vac.
    2018 - ~150 taps, I lost track of the sap it was incredible!, over 20 gal of syrup, all dark.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel26 View Post
    https://www.smokylakemaple.com/produ...-hobby-pro-pan
    Her exact words were, "We could have bought a new COUCH!" My reply of, "I wouldn't sell my gear to buy a couch" was wrong....very very wrong.... ;-)
    Tell her she's got the rest of her life to get over it...lol

Haynes Forest Products Guest

Or tell her what what I said to my third wife........................My forth wife hasn't been born yet. OK I'm sorry that's plain wrong.

Well just looked at the pan nice looking yes a bit pricey I am sure there would be some talk around here to if I came home with one of those pans. Maybe I will sell my bike and get one and by the way we could do with a new couch to lol . I guess they would get over it or be mad a long time. Thanks Marvel:lol

Quote Originally Posted by Dlee View Post
    . I guess they would get over it or be mad a long time.
    Exactly!!!lol

Why are divorces so expensive?? Because they're worth it....

(sorry for turning this thread, and yes I'm happily married. I just like good jokes..)

I'm happily married as well....how do I know....she tells me I am ;-) lol

Dlee: No problem, it is definitely an investment in the addiction but if you have a pile of sap the boil rate of a larger pan is great.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12