+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DIY Barrel Evaporator Build (Detailed)

Thanks for the positive I’ve feedback, everyone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also, you might consider hi temp insulation. Between the bricks and barrel. This will keep more heat under you pan. Nice job!

idk if you had seen my 55 gallon how to thread but it showed ramping up the back, insulation and firebrick along with air under fire. I bet i get close to 10 gph. it sure is fun building them isnt it?

Update to a ghost thread! A few years ago I wound up buying a Mason 2x3 evaporator. I love it. It's very nicely made and came at a very reasonable price in my opinion. I'm still boiling in the driveway, so Bill welded some tabs on the legs so I can screw it to a pallet to move it out from storage in the shed. If I could go back in time, I would have just bought this to begin with. It has a blower, and I get 10gpm pretty easily. I also got a bigger tractor which makes sap collection a little easier (I got a bigger storage tank too, a used IBC, which I'll clean out and use next year). This really is sort of an addiction!

IMG_8275.jpg

IMG_8280.jpg

IMG_5479.jpg

Congratulations on the new tractor. And great colour choices. I’m a big team orange guy. Love my m7060. Check out orange tractor talks for some great info and a good bunch of guys. It’s like the trader for kubotas lol.
    225 taps 180 on vac 45 on natural gravity lines.
    2x6 drop flue with auto draw.
    Home built 3 x400gpd ro
    2017 kubota M7060hdcc12
    2019 can am defender

2017- first year 80 taps 22x36 home made arch and pan.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12