Boiled 35 crystal clear gallons on Saturday. Ended up with 50 ounces of syrup. Not a good ratio, and as I was getting to the end I thought it was a complete waste of time. The syrup was getting darker and the boil was different than any boil this year. I definitely figured this was not the way I wanted to end the season.
For some crazy reason, it ended up being one of my best looking and tasting syrup. Dark, but crystal clear through the bottles, with zero sugar sand.
I ended up washing out all my buckets, and I'll see what happens this week. We got over 2" of snow last night and it's still snowing this morning. Plus no sign of buds getting any bigger than they were two weeks ago.