+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Flat woods small scale tubbing

Quote Originally Posted by Greenthumb View Post
    So these are what you use from the tree taps and drop ?Attachment 18882
    Correct just make sure it's not a end piece. (blocked on one side)
    CDL 2.5*8 Venturi with all the bells
    Leader Clear 5 bank filter press
    Memprotec 350H RO
    600ish taps and looking for more.

So on the 3/16 line with a pump at the tank, do you need to try and make slope in the line or can you just keep it as level as possible. How long of line can you have? I see 25-30 taps but does it matter if one line is 250’?
    1986-2002 2x6 Leader evaporator 150 taps drop tubes
    Life happens
    2015 130 taps drop tubes and sap sacs
    2016 225 taps drop tubes and sap sacs
    2017 300+? MicRO single membrane
    2019 325 taps 81 gallons made, most ever for us
    2020 2x6 Smoky Lake evaporator 400 taps with 160 on a guzzler pump
    2021..... a lot more line and vacuum

I'm not sure why so many producers take their line down each year. Two points, the deer will not generally chew of run into the lines, they go under or over them. Often they will actually follow then a ways which for hunting makes it a good hunting tactic. The other point, if you go in to get firewood, just loosen the line in one or 2 places, raise it and drive under. My sugarhouse woods are set up so I both use the tubing to help channel the deer and I can get to all areas to cut wood as needed. In my lease, the landowner hunts it and has shot deer very often, following a line towards his tree stand. He also heats his home with wood and I raise a main where ever he wants to drive thru. I can raise a mainline just by loosening a few side ties each side from where he wants to drive thru, then lift the mainline and wire to give him 9' or more clearance. I've had no issues.
    Dave Klish, I recently ordered a 2x6 wood fired evaporator from A&A Sheet Metal which I will be converting to oil fired
    Now have solar, 2x6 finish pan, 5 bank 7x7 filter press, large water jacketed bottler, and tankless water heater.
    Recently bought another Gingerich RO, this one was a 125, but a second membrane was added thus is a 250, like I had.
    After running a 2x3, a 2x6, 3x8 tapping from 79 taps up to 1320 all woodfired, now I'm going to a 2x6 oil fired and a 200-425 taps.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123