+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lavoie's Sugar Shack 2018

Default Lavoie's Sugar Shack 2018

We got a late start as i had a pinch nerve that kept from starting when i wanted. Thanks to my neighbor Barry and children we were able to tap 93 of our best trees. They collected and hauled it to the sugar shack. We are boiling and making syrup.. we are late to the dance, but we made it. Good luck this weekend. Lee
    Lavoie's Sugar Shack
    130 taps
    Homemade rear fired oil evaporator
    oil tank evaporator
    Home made stainless steel flue pan
    Homemade R O
    addition on barn for sugaring
    2 children who love hauling sap
    golden retriever who love syrup
    Barry the helpful neighbor who loves bottling
    Good wife who likes to think she finances this insane hobby

We had a bunch of friends and family come by for the 1st day of Maple Weekend at Lavoie's Sugar Shack and had a ball! Made some maple mustard and had it on some hotdogs, and to dip pretzels in. We had enough sap to boil until just about when the last of our guests were leaving. Looks like we didn't get a lot of sap today, but we'll see what the bags look like tomorrow. Thanks for all the setup and great equipment you make Lee... it makes boiling and bottling much easier and faster.
    2008-1st Year= Gas grill+CampStove, 4 trees= 2+1/2 qts syrup
    2009-2nd Year=25x11 wood stove+ SS pan+ Camp stove for finishing+ 2 turkey fryers, 19 or so trees= 3gals
    2013-now @Lavoie's Sugar Shack (Backyard Sugaring on MTrader) ,evaporator and RO Lee built, sink with running hot/cold water,stainless table, a new filtering/bottling setup, a newly poured concrete floor....all the luxuries!!
    Now we have over 100 taps and in 2015 made over 30 gallons!

+ Reply to Thread