+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Install valve on membrane housing

Default Install valve on membrane housing

I am putting fittings on RO housings. The one fitting is different and apprars to have a valve in it. I am guessing it goes on top but not sure. If anyone can tell me the right spot I'd appreciate it.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

That looks like a check valve that only allows liquid to go in one direction. I assume you will want that on your concentrate port (left bottom). It is a safety feature that prevents any damage if the pressure gets too great. I had them installed on my system originally but they are not necessary but won't make a difference in performance. Just check to see which way it allows the flow I am sure it is out not in but you never know.
    2' x 3' backyard evaporator with homemade steam hood
    38.5 gallons produced in 2022
    120 taps all on 3/16" tubing
    4" x 40" homemade RO built for 2023
    https://sites.google.com/view/mattat...aplesyrup/home

Quote Originally Posted by hodorskib View Post
    That looks like a check valve that only allows liquid to go in one direction. I assume you will want that on your concentrate port (left bottom). It is a safety feature that prevents any damage if the pressure gets too great. I had them installed on my system originally but they are not necessary but won't make a difference in performance. Just check to see which way it allows the flow I am sure it is out not in but you never know.
    Thanks I will go with concentrate port. There is an arrow indicating flow. Into threaded part and out quick connect

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread