+ Reply to Thread

Thread: building first RO

Hybrid View

If you want bigger than 3/4 Hp you gotta go 56c bolt on with love joy couple instead of the clamp on

So I am using the 3/4 motor right now but will upgrade it soon to a 1.5hp. My next question is tubing and hoses. What does everyone use? I was thinking I could just use pex but A, it is too stiff to work with easily and B, it is only rated for 160psi. I believe I want to run around 200psi coming out of the HP pump and through the membrane house through discharge.

I'm pretty sure you wont be able to hit 200psi with that motor. But maybe. As for tubing i used the clear PVC with braided nylon in it, rated to 250psi i believe. Its cheap and available. Then some stainless fittings with brass barb fittings to tubing hose clamped. I am happy with it and have had no trouble accept my end caps leak slightly so I switching to copper just on the top of the endcaps so I can use a coupler union and tighten if need be. As is i have a 90 coming out of the endcap so there's no way to tighten or it throws off the indexing. If I could do it over i may just sweat copper for the whole thing. I spent way too much on brass and stainless fittings. Also I. Looking for advice on a good thread sealant for endcaps. IV tried lots but can get one to stop weeping. Maybe the copper trick will help. Anyone used leaklock on endcaps with any luck?

I’ve found copper works well for plumbing. Relatively cheap and easy to design and build. Had no issues going to 300 psi. For thread sealer the best thing I’ve found is a little bit of pipe dope, a few wraps of Teflon tape and a little more pipe dope on top. I use that for all my threaded fittings now, copper, stainless and plastic. Have never had one leak.
    Maple Rock Farm
    www.Maplerockfarm.ca
    400 taps on Vacuum
    18”x60” Lapierre propane evaporator with Smokey Lake auto draw off
    Homemade 3 post RO with MES membranes
    Ford TS110 tractor sap hauler

+ Reply to Thread