+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Float Valve

Default Float Valve

Whats everyone using for a float valve on homemade preheater for pan without a float box
    2008---35 buckets--3 gal syrup
    2015---150 on 3/16 gravity&50 Buckets
    2016---350+/- on 3/16
    2017---700+ on 3/16
    2018---700+ on 3/16 added 500gal milk tank

Haynes Forest Products Guest

Unless your float valve is flat on the bottom or very small it wont represent the real liquid level. That is why they are big and flat. If its in the flue pan then it has to be able to float on the surface to detect the level. The smaller the float the more it will bob up and down causing erratic readings. Plus the smaller it is the less ability to hold back the sap from the head tank.

years ago i used a pig nipple waterer valve,just extend rod add float. you can actually buy a stainless float bulb for a toilet comes with rod.if you dont have enough head pressure for pig nipple,it has an adjustable orifice or just remove.must be able to run pre heater pan fairly deep to accommodate bulb displacement

I have been using this one for 8 years and very happy. McMaster-Carr 4661k62 Brass Float Valve with Copper Float, 1/2 NPT Male Inlet /outlet $ 85.00 May be more now. sorry I don't have the web site should be easy to find

+ Reply to Thread