+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Got inspected today

Haynes Forest Products Guest

Default Got inspected today

I get inspected every so often and this year we have a new inspector that came out. I was told that this year would be tough with the new laws and what not. I got advice from a few others in my area. They all run RO's so the word was out to play dumb and don't mention that you use your RO water to rinse the unit. I found the inspectors to be very nice, professional and very knowledgeable about sanitation. I felt that sanitation is the big hang up. They kept wanting to know how I sanitize everything and once I explained that aster washing and sanitizing that I would RINCE everything with clean water from my inspected well that passed a water test and that is when they told me that rinsing off the sanitizer was not recommended. They said that my sanitizer would not be a problem coming in contact with the sap.

I have 5 sinks in my two rooms, the evap room has a sink and then 4 sinks in the kitchen. They kept getting hung up on what sink I used for washing my hands and that I needed to designate just one sink for washing sinks. I explained that when I'm running the RO, evaporator, finish pan, filter press and filling drums I wash my hands in the closest sink. They kept coming back to having just one designated sink. Now are they suggesting I have 3 sinks always with 3 different spigots all running so I can wash my hands then go to the next sink and rinse them and then dunk my hands in Sanitizer and go back to picking my nose..............OOOOOPS deleate that and go get the transfer house out of the mud.

I get it but I'm trying to get things done. Now I'm better off not washing my hands if I cant do it right. When we were wrapping up and chatting I asked if it was required to wash your hands after loading wood into the firebox if the sink was in a different building. I think I saw the one inspectors head explode.

Exploding heads are an automatic inspection failure.
    173 on 3/16 natural vac for 2023
    36 buckets
    2 x 5 Smoky Lake Hybrid pan on a custom arch
    RB25 from RO Bucket
    12x24 salvaged sugarhouse built by wife's grandpa
    1965 Massey Ferguson 165 tractor to haul sap.

Last edited by Scm; 04-11-2018 at 08:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scm View Post
    Another government harassing the little guy story. As long as you don’t say your against this abuse, your ok to stay on the forums.

Another poster who hears one side of the story and accepts it as truth. If I keep reading I'll eventually believe him.

Nope not going there. I really didn't mind the inspection it's part of the process and it needs to be done. I do think it's to much of a general all inclusive inspection and not geared towards maple syrup productio. I would be more concerned if the just cashed myy check and didn't look inside my operation.

Is this a state inspection or fda inspection.

Must have been inspection day. She was at my place bright and early at 8am...I was of course there at 6 to tidy up the place. Had a leaking water line so thought I would tighten up the clamp.....oops, line blew and running to menards for parts. Needed to replace all the way to the water heater,knock knock it's 8 AM time for inspection. parts pieces all over the floor. Lots of talking, and two hours later she left and wouldn't sign off until I send her a video of hot water running out the sink.
    Caught two more trips for plumbing parts and it's all brand new, video sent, 3 PM time to start up for the night. Worst part is that was only state FDA is coming next week.
    custom made 2x7 intensofire
    With SL pans
    250 deer run
    300 3/16 (new 2016)
    500 sacks around the neighborhood

Yea mine was the state inspection. When they drove in I noticed they were in a rusted out car a was thinking they were lost so when they were leaving I asked if the state couldn't afford better cars..................OOOOOOPs it was her car

I didn't know having hot water was a requirement for sanitation. They kept saying that unless I could show that I had constant water temps above the sanitation level that I had to use sanitizer.

Yikes! You guys need to get out of Wisconsin.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast