+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Anyone know how to add an Aux gas tank to vacuum pump??

Question Anyone know how to add an Aux gas tank to vacuum pump??

We have a Gast vacuum pump with a predator engine. What would be the quickest and cheapest way to make an aux tank so we only have to fuel once everyday or two? Thanks in advance!

find an old generator 5-6 gal gas tank and hook it up in place of the existing gas tank
    2x6 leader WSE with AUF, hood,preheater
    waterguy RO
    leader 16 gal custom water jacketed canner
    10 in short stack wes fab filter press
    540 taps on tubing with vac & always adding
    2- benders running 25" hg from GAST vac pumps
    few stainless bulk tanks
    1978 chevy 1 ton 4x4 dually
    IH T340 dozer with 6-way blade

Get an outboard motor gas tank.
    Steve

2x8 Mason drop tube evaporator
    420 Taps
    3 surflo pumps on 5/16
    79 gallons of syrup made
    New kitchen addition to sap house
    400 taps
    52 gallons syrup made

We had a generator that had to be run in the woods for 2 days without filling it. We built a stand and put a 35 gallon plastic barrel on its side, reduced the small bung to accept a fitting for 5/16 fuel line and simply used a flexible funnel to fill the barrel through the 2" bung. We put in 15 to 20 gallons, and the head pressure wasn't enough to mess with the float in the carburetor.

Haynes Forest Products Guest

You must keep the tank higher than the carburetor and feed off the bottom of the tank. I learned the hard way that the motor wont stay running if you try and wont siphon out the top of auxiliary gas tanks. If you make one make sure its vented.

I use these http://www.surpluscenter.com/Engines...-28-1836-R.axd
    and I build a wooden rack beside the engine. I remove the original tank and run a new fuel line from this tank to the engine. On a larger engine I make the rack to hold 2 tanks with both at the same level, about 6-8" above the carb. If you need larger than 9 gal, do similar with a bigger gas safe tank.
    Dave Klish, I recently ordered a 2x6 wood fired evaporator from A&A Sheet Metal which I will be converting to oil fired
    Now have solar, 2x6 finish pan, 5 bank 7x7 filter press, large water jacketed bottler, and tankless water heater.
    Recently bought another Gingerich RO, this one was a 125, but a second membrane was added thus is a 250, like I had.
    After running a 2x3, a 2x6, 3x8 tapping from 79 taps up to 1320 all woodfired, now I'm going to a 2x6 oil fired and a 200-425 taps.

I use a 15 gallon plastic tank that most farmers have laying around. Buy a metal valve stem the type with a threaded nut on it. Pull out the valve core and drill a hole just big enough to slide it through at the bottom of the jug .Once its in the hole the rubber seals it real tight once the nuts tightened.
    3x10 INTENS-O-FIRE
    1100 taps on vacuum

We use the tank that Maple Flats shared the link for. We have two pumps Set up like this with the tank on a frame above the 79cc predator engine and feed directly into the carb. We get 30 plus hours on a tank depending on engine speed.
    12 x 16 shack with 8 x 16 addition
    2 x 6 D&G raised flue with hood
    Homebuilt releasers
    220 taps on vac
    100 plus taps on buckets
    Gast 1550 on gas engine
    HF vac pump on generator

+ Reply to Thread