+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: USDA census

I agree, your state maple association benefits as the Ag Census information helps steer state budget money to maple. Buckeye is correct too on the ag survey being choir boys. If the IRS wants some info they can get it many ways but the Ag census is not one of them, it is protected by law. Individual info can never be shared, just statistical results are shared.
    Then in state budgets the ag census can benefit a whole array of fronts, from grant monies, to tourism funds, and many other aspects that help agriculture. Those who lie or refuse to enter your info are only hurting your state's agricultural interests.
    Dave Klish, I recently ordered a 2x6 wood fired evaporator from A&A Sheet Metal which I will be converting to oil fired
    Now have solar, 2x6 finish pan, 5 bank 7x7 filter press, large water jacketed bottler, and tankless water heater.
    Recently bought another Gingerich RO, this one was a 125, but a second membrane was added thus is a 250, like I had.
    After running a 2x3, a 2x6, 3x8 tapping from 79 taps up to 1320 all woodfired, now I'm going to a 2x6 oil fired and a 200-425 taps.

As a matter of fact, I encourage every producer from 100 taps on up to answer the Ag census, if you did not get a form, request one from the USDA census dept., you can do it online.
    Dave Klish, I recently ordered a 2x6 wood fired evaporator from A&A Sheet Metal which I will be converting to oil fired
    Now have solar, 2x6 finish pan, 5 bank 7x7 filter press, large water jacketed bottler, and tankless water heater.
    Recently bought another Gingerich RO, this one was a 125, but a second membrane was added thus is a 250, like I had.
    After running a 2x3, a 2x6, 3x8 tapping from 79 taps up to 1320 all woodfired, now I'm going to a 2x6 oil fired and a 200-425 taps.

Quote Originally Posted by maple flats View Post
    I agree, your state maple association benefits as the Ag Census information helps steer state budget money to maple. Buckeye is correct too on the ag survey being choir boys. If the IRS wants some info they can get it many ways but the Ag census is not one of them, it is protected by law. Individual info can never be shared, just statistical results are shared.
    Then in state budgets the ag census can benefit a whole array of fronts, from grant monies, to tourism funds, and many other aspects that help agriculture. Those who lie or refuse to enter your info are only hurting your state's agricultural interests.

And like a dog chasing its tail, government dependency is all that results from programs such as these. Crony capitalism breeds wildly, benefiting some and discouraging others when government dangles carrots in front of people. If you think government agencies do not share information, I have a bridge for sale.
    Mark

Where we made syrup long before the trendies made it popular, now its just another commodity.

John Deere 4000, 830, and 420 crawler
    1400 taps, 600 gph CDL RO, 4x12 wood-fired Leader, forced air and preheater. 400 gallon Sap-O-Matic vacuum gathering tank, PTO powered. 2500 gallon X truck tank, 17 bulk tanks.
    No cage tanks allowed on this farm!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123