+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: West End of U.P.

Same here with that snowpack. Raining hard here and snow (5-10) for the next few days. I may pull taps this weekend as it looks to be 58 on Sunday. The buds are going to burst here soon. We still have clear sap with high sugar, but we just did a 3 day boil and have 15 gallons to finish. We have enough for our 2 families for the next year and have some to give away. Good luck Nasion and happy sapping!

All done. I pulled the taps and made over 8 gLlons of syrup. Family trip and other responsibilities came up as I did not think this season would drag out this much. Good sap still, but just need to call it quits. The smelt should be running here soon, so off to the next big adventure. Good season and good luck to everyone until next year. Be safe and take care.

Sounds like a successful season. I've still got firewood, sap, and time on the weekends in the tank so I'm still at it. Looks like it'll be cooling down again this weekend and next week so I might get another 2-3 boils in. I've been training a friend on maple syruping and he picked quite the year to get started! At times we've been drowning in sap and can't boil it fast enough.
    All my life I wanted to make my own syrup. Now I'm livin' the dream!

I hear you! Good luck this week and next as it DOES look good. Nice temps! May you gain an abundance of liquid gold. Keep me posted how you end up.

Wow: It has been a tough year so far. We still have 3 feet of snow in our south facing fields. Have tapped 90+ trees and only have 2 gallons of the liquid gold so far. I have a bad feeling it is going to be a fast run all at once and then it will "bud" and be over.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456