+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cinnamon infused syrup

blair put a small stick in the bottle/jar and let it INFUSE for 3 months try it and give a few bottles away and I will personally reimburse $5.00 to anyone that doesn't like it. Just PM their name and addressee. Please don't over think the simple.
    3X10 Lapiere Waterloo small/CDL raised flue with oil fired homemade steam hood
    1700 taps all on vacuum thru sap ladders
    Smoky Lake auto draw off
    Custom 2X4 finish pan by 3rdgen
    Kubota BX 2370 tractor and Polaris ATV
    CDL Airtech L63
    CDL remote vacuum system sensing.
    2 double Bernard releasers
    Westfab 7" short bank
    More dang tanks and pumps than I can remember
    Yellow dog made from parts named Roxy

I have put a stick in 1/2 gallon mason jars and let sit for a few months and then opened them up to bottle in smaller bottles. If the cinnamon flavor is OK then bottle in smaller bottles. If it is a little too strong for your taste blend in some regular syrup to get it how you want it. I also worried about getting too strong of flavor with the sticks in the smaller bottles. For quarts I just use one stick in each bottle.

has anyone tried to add a cinnamon oil, or vanilla for that matter, while the syrup is still boiling? i have 4 pint jars with 1/2 sticks of cinnamon in them now, i was just curious about a way to make it immediately available for consumption.

Does oil and water mix that well?
    3X10 Lapiere Waterloo small/CDL raised flue with oil fired homemade steam hood
    1700 taps all on vacuum thru sap ladders
    Smoky Lake auto draw off
    Custom 2X4 finish pan by 3rdgen
    Kubota BX 2370 tractor and Polaris ATV
    CDL Airtech L63
    CDL remote vacuum system sensing.
    2 double Bernard releasers
    Westfab 7" short bank
    More dang tanks and pumps than I can remember
    Yellow dog made from parts named Roxy

I put a cinnamon stick into a pretty bottle and sent it off to Boston with my son. He called the next morning to tell me (in colorful language) that it was really good stuff. I don't know if selling it would get you into all sorts of involvement with the food safety regulators, but as a gift item for friends and family it's worth a try.

I am not sure if it would mix well, may have to look for an extract I guess. I wouldn't be selling it, it would be for gifts and personal consumption. Just one of the things I think about while cooking down the concentrate.

Would squirrel infused maple syrup start a new trend or is this comment going to be deleted
    30x8 Leader revolution, wood fired blower, steamaway/hood. 903 taps all but 54 on pipeline and 3 vacuum systems. Hauling sap this year with a 99 F350 7.3 diesel dump and of course back up is the Honda 450 and trailer.

Guess it depends on the part of the squirrel that you use.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12