+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cinnamon infused syrup

Haynes Forest Products Guest

blair put a small stick in the bottle/jar and let it INFUSE for 3 months try it and give a few bottles away and I will personally reimburse $5.00 to anyone that doesn't like it. Just PM their name and addressee. Please don't over think the simple.

I have put a stick in 1/2 gallon mason jars and let sit for a few months and then opened them up to bottle in smaller bottles. If the cinnamon flavor is OK then bottle in smaller bottles. If it is a little too strong for your taste blend in some regular syrup to get it how you want it. I also worried about getting too strong of flavor with the sticks in the smaller bottles. For quarts I just use one stick in each bottle.

has anyone tried to add a cinnamon oil, or vanilla for that matter, while the syrup is still boiling? i have 4 pint jars with 1/2 sticks of cinnamon in them now, i was just curious about a way to make it immediately available for consumption.

Haynes Forest Products Guest

Does oil and water mix that well?

I put a cinnamon stick into a pretty bottle and sent it off to Boston with my son. He called the next morning to tell me (in colorful language) that it was really good stuff. I don't know if selling it would get you into all sorts of involvement with the food safety regulators, but as a gift item for friends and family it's worth a try.

I am not sure if it would mix well, may have to look for an extract I guess. I wouldn't be selling it, it would be for gifts and personal consumption. Just one of the things I think about while cooking down the concentrate.

Would squirrel infused maple syrup start a new trend or is this comment going to be deleted
    30x8 Leader revolution, wood fired blower, steamaway/hood. 903 taps all but 54 on pipeline and 3 vacuum systems. Hauling sap this year with a 99 F350 7.3 diesel dump and of course back up is the Honda 450 and trailer.

Guess it depends on the part of the squirrel that you use.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12