+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Powder coating galvanized pails

Default Powder coating galvanized pails

I was wondering about powder coating in side of my galvanized pails, I found powder coatings that are FDA approved. Does anyone know who I can check with to see if this would be acceptable. Thanks

Rich trappe river powder coating 715-302-1049

It says safe for "food contact" and not "incidental contact"? I'm not doubting you, I just know they are two different things. G.E. sells a silicone that's food safe, but for incidental contact. It's not supposed to be in constant contact. Also, I know powder coating is tough, but I would question whether it would hold up and not crack and come off knowing how buckets can flex, dent and expand from rough treatment and sap freezing in them and pushing the sides and bottom outwards.

A less expensive way of "sealing" the old pails would be to use the liners they sell for them. I know Wendells Maple & More (somewhere in western New York state) sells liners. I saw them at the V.V.S. Maple Conference held this past January. Probably others out there as well.
    2014 Upgrades!: 24x40 sugarhouse & 30"x10' Lapierre welded pans, wood fired w/ forced draft, homemade hood & preheater
    400 taps- half on gravity 5/16, half on gravity 3/16
    Airablo R.O. machine - in the house basement!
    Ford F-350 4x4 sap gatherer
    An assortment of barrels, cage tanks & bulk tanks- with one operational for cooling/holding concentrate
    And a few puzzled neighbors...

http://s606.photobucket.com/albums/t...uckethead1920/

Still looking for information and/or where and or who to contact about this.

+ Reply to Thread