+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: cold snap.

Default cold snap.

how are things running up North Dogpatch? it has stayed to warm here. but we are getting a couple day cold snap so I hope that resets the trees here

Collected about 100 gal this morning from yesterday's run. Nothing was running yet today. Looking for some good days ahead.

Here in west central IL (Henry Cty), have gotten nothing these last few days. Just too cold. The next couple days won't get much above freezing either. After that, though, I'm expecting the trees to go wide open again for a few days. So different from last year and the extreme warm temps.

we had about week of not cold enough. so I am very thankful for the cold! it does look good for the weekend and just after! boil on

Where abouts are you located HawkeyeMike? I'm next to you in Bureau county.

Ya for the weekend till the middle of next week will be gushers I bet. Hang on to your hat!
    Camp Wokanda
    Peoria Park District

2023 - 210 on 3/16 shurflo, sap storage shack w/ 1100 gallon tank - 123 gallons
    2022 - 210 on 3/16 shurflo, homemade vac filter & water jacket canner - 104 gallons
    2021 - 215 on 3/16 shurflo, added 2nd membrane to RO - 78 gallons
    2020 - 210 on 3/16 shurflo, upgraded hp pump on RO - 66 gallons
    2019 - 150 on 3/16 shurflo, Deer Run 125 dolly RO - 73 gallons
    2018 - 120 on 3/16 shurflo, 2x6 raised flue w/hood, homemade arch w/ AUF & AOF - 34.5 gallons

the Surflo is gushing a couple buckets on sugar maples are running good too. the 3/16 locations in town were not running yet. but it looks like a good boil is on for tonight!

Didn't run as well as hoped today. I suppose if I had them on vac it would have been awesome. We have surpassed last year's numbers so I can't complain. Definitely love the RO. It has reduced cook time and saved a ton of wood.
    8th year making sugar
    120 taps second year on vac

2x4 Divided pan.
    Homemade RO 4x42XLE
    Shurflo 4048 pump

Quote Originally Posted by TreeTapper2 View Post
    Didn't run as well as hoped today. I suppose if I had them on vac it would have been awesome. We have surpassed last year's numbers so I can't complain. Definitely love the RO. It has reduced cook time and saved a ton of wood.
    nice! I keep saying I am going to get one and I will. but I am tempted to get a hand pump filter press first
    I did not get a lot either but it seemed to be about 45 to 1 ... so I will not complain either! I am about 30 gal behind the last season I sugared ...again I have syrup so I shall not complain

Dogpatch, I'm just north of Geneseo, in a 40-acre stand of woods between the Green River and Hennepin Canal. Where in Bureau are you?
    2018 - 52 Taps, Leader Half Pint, RO Bucket
    2017 - 30 Taps, Leader Half Pint
    2016 - 15 Taps, Leader Half Pint

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast