+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Gast 1065 pulley?

Default Gast 1065 pulley?

Does anyone know where to find a 9/16 bore keyed pulley? My gast 1065's take them and all I could find around were 1/2" and 5/8". I drilled out a 1/2 inch but it's a primitive fix. Also, any experience with TSC electric motors? I just tried a harbor freight motor and it lasted less than a day.

Thanks, Simeon

Haynes Forest Products Guest

Call Grainger you will have it tomorrow if you order today. Zorro tool might have one.

Neither have one on the web site that I could find. I think I will call Gast though I think they intend these to be close-coupled.

depending on ho many RPM`s the pump has to run at i would look into direct drive with lovejoy / tri jaw couplers TSC should have those readily available in the hydraulic section, my 1023`s are factory direct driven and i was looking 2067 gast that had no motor and thats how i planned to couple it to a 2 hp marathon electric motor.
    2x6 leader WSE with AUF, hood,preheater
    waterguy RO
    leader 16 gal custom water jacketed canner
    10 in short stack wes fab filter press
    540 taps on tubing with vac & always adding
    2- benders running 25" hg from GAST vac pumps
    few stainless bulk tanks
    1978 chevy 1 ton 4x4 dually
    IH T340 dozer with 6-way blade

Simeon, WESTMAPLES nailed it are you running Pulleys or the factory direct drive. I would stick to the coupled direct drive. I have a boneyard full of Gast pumps with and without direct drive and it is best to stick with original with a good motor.

and one other thing ill add that ive learn the hard way is that if something is meant for direct drive thats means its not rated for side loading, like a pulley with a belt constantly pulling to oneside ( belt tenison) will probly help the pump fail or shaft seal to leak.... where direct drive centers the load .
    2x6 leader WSE with AUF, hood,preheater
    waterguy RO
    leader 16 gal custom water jacketed canner
    10 in short stack wes fab filter press
    540 taps on tubing with vac & always adding
    2- benders running 25" hg from GAST vac pumps
    few stainless bulk tanks
    1978 chevy 1 ton 4x4 dually
    IH T340 dozer with 6-way blade

I agree I spoke with the factory about that very point and they said that at start up the torque is very severe. The other interesting fact was if you run a gas motor with pulleys that the constant torque from the piston firing will lead to shaft failure. I can say that I had special made bearing hubs made to help lessen the side torque and they failed. Plus the belt slap is destructive.

Thanks to you both. I was afraid that was the case but was hoping to make it easier to source local replacement parts with the belt system. I bought 3 65 series pumps. One 1065 came complete with a love joy coupling to a motor, one with a pulley that looked factory(a 2065) and another 1065 with nothing. All eBay specials. I foolishly under ventilated the complete one and spun out the love joy due to overheating. Then I put the 2065 in its place hooked up to a harbor freight motor which melted in a few hours. Yes, I can be a slow learner. I have better excellent ventilation now. I guess I have the time to order parts and do it right with this Change in weather.

Simeon As Fran Tarkington wrote a book titled "I never learned anything by winning" You call it slow learning I call it perseverance. The reason we know what we know is speaking for myself I have 5 Gast pump set ups and when running properly they work great. I have 4 spares on the shelf.

Anyone in Wisconsin looking for pumps motors or complete set ups call me..I'm clearing out the shack 303-810-5501 heck I'm going to green bay and Codott Thursday

Text me your cell number I'll send a picture
    Last edited by Haynes Forest Products; 03-07-2018 at 01:00 PM.

+ Reply to Thread