+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blowers for small wood stoves

Default Blowers for small wood stoves

So last year I tried a mattes inflation blower with a copper pipe for introducing air into the box. I used an ice flasher battery. Worked great, improved burn, but killed the battery in about 2 hours before it needed a recharge.

So this year my CPAP machine started blowing inconsistently so I turned it into a blower. It works great for my little 16 x 36 inch pan and stove.
    16 in by 36 inch stainless flat pan on wood burning stove, with 10 six inch 1/2 inch-diameter copper drop tubes.

File cabinet arch with steam table pan new in 2017.

4, 12, 18, 24, 35, 50, 50, 48, 51, 51, 52, 52, 27, 32

Syrup making since 2004

That't interesting. I am interested in what other blowers people used. (obviously CPAP is an expensive blower unless you have one that dies) :-)

Haynes Forest Products Guest

There are so many things that have blowers on them the sky is the limit. I just scrapped out a Jennair pop nup vent blower and that thing ripp. Has 3 speed switch and would be great for an Arch I would consider it to be high pressure. I would get hold of a good HVAC guy and ask to pick his bone yard. New furnaces and water heaters have draft inducer fans and they would be great for the small evap's. You just have to find the right guy and you will be up to your arse with blowers.

I have an bath heat/fan exhaust blower on a speed control blowing in the draft door of a homemade barrel stove 20 x 30 pan. Works great.

i used my shop vac on reverse, and this year, a hair dryer thrift store $1-2

I don't use AUF for my tiny operation but thought trying the squirrel cage blowers that are used in over the counter microwaves for the vent hood part would be a great option just make a trip to the dump and find one. a couple screws and there out 110 volts. Here is a link to what I'm talking about. Jay

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Samsung-mic...0AAOSwObhaV0R2
    Zucker Lager

I was lucky enough to find a used Harman add on blower kit on eBay for around $60 shipped. It has a fully adjustable speed control also and works great

You can also get a good Dayton blower on Amazon and add a router variable control speed switch from harbor freight

If you put one in it has to blow air up. I put a cage fan on my leader half pint smoky/ smoky lake full pint. I just hung it on the vent door. It just blows air past the fire and doesn’t make a difference. I Have not had time but need to make a tube that the fan blows in forcing the air up at the grate/fire
    Smoky lake full pint on my leader half pint arch
    110 taps on 3/16 vacuum tubing
    Homemade RO sapinator

That is exactly what I did and it made a big difference. Keep expermenting and you will figure out what works for your setup

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast