+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MicRo RO by Leader

Be careful and don't get to big,, yes I said to big.... You will need at least the gallons permeate as what you membranes run per hour for washing each day and then extra for when soap and acid washer are needed. I've got a 125 Deer Run and last year the sap run was so low I didn't have enough permeate to do end of years wash,,,,acid wash and then another soap wash. True a few days you'll run for extra long.
    2012 200 taps on buckets,,, Built me a 2' X 11' arch,,, hope to put most on tubing next year.

2011 100 taps on buckets, 30x 60 flat pan

2009 63 taps on buckets,,,, 30x60 flat pan

I too am a little worried about getting too big of an RO. I was talking to Leader the other day and they were very helpful.
    They said that at 48 F sap the MicRO2 will do:

2%-6% 2.8 GPM or 168 GPH
    2%-8% 2.2 GPM or 132 GPH
    2%-4% 4.25 GPM or 255 GPH

And I believe the 1 post version will do roughly half of these numbers.

He also mentioned that for the MicRO2 you would need at least a 200 gallon permeate tank and a 5-8 gallon wash tank.

I'm thinking the MicRO2 would be a little big for me with roughly 225-250 taps.
    270 taps on Vacuum
    30 on 3/16
    Lapierre 125 Next Gen RO
    2'x8' Lapierre Storm Evaporator
    2 kids/helpers

For those that purchased and ran one of the Leader Micro Hobby RO's, how did it go this year? Any issues mechanically? Anything you don't like about the Micro RO?

Thanks!
    Hawkins Sugar House
    Sunapee, NH
    2x6 Patrick Phaneuf, raised flu
    3 Hp Atlantic Fluids Vacuum
    500 taps

I have gone from a D+G 600gph to a Lapierre 1200. But thought I would throw in my 2 cents. Be careful make sure to compare apple to apple. Ask about total thru put and more important what it will concentrate, ie. like below 2% to 8% @ ? gpm that is the important number in my mind. You need to to concentrate fast enough to keep up with or go ahead or your rig when you are at full boil. Keep in mind 1% or 1.5% sap will lower those concentrate numbers. Also keep in mind exspandablility (spelled wrong sorry)we are all nuts and have to find more taps, make sure you can add onto the machine if you have any ideas of growing. My D+G machine could not be added onto, we went from 1000 taps to 2600 taps with more to come so we had to cough up and buy a new machine. This machine can be added onto in the future, I bought it with the elec and plumbing in place to add a third tower when or if it is needed. Last note look at where you can get parts these things break and at bad times, make sure you can get parts close by and quickly.
    54 Acres bought in Sept 2010, hope for a lot of fun
    Kabota 3400 w/ bucket
    couple Husky chainsaws and a couple of Stihl
    Big dream
    2011 = 106 on gravity tubing, 100 bucket
    2012 =700 vaccuum 100 gravity 80 bucket's
    30" x 12' Vortex with Leader Revolution Max Raised pans
    2013 = 1200 vac, 200 gravity, 5 buckets, buying from 300 buckets, 500 vac
    Springtech RO 600 Deluxe
    2015= 1800 all vac @ home, buying sap from 1200.
    2017= 2200 all on vac. no longer buying sap

That is good timing with the advice. I just received an email from Leader in response to some of my never ending questions about this RO. One of the questions was if I just bought the 1 post MicRO can you add the 2nd post to it later and for how much. The answer was yes and it would be $725 USD.

I second Sandman's question, if anyone has any info about your MicRO unit we would love to hear about it.

I seem to have lots of time to think about maple instead of making it as it has been crazy cold and snowy up here in Northern Ontario, Canada

Thanks
    270 taps on Vacuum
    30 on 3/16
    Lapierre 125 Next Gen RO
    2'x8' Lapierre Storm Evaporator
    2 kids/helpers

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12