+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I finally had to put a stop to a thread

Default I finally had to put a stop to a thread

There was a thread (fact or fiction) on this forum that simply got too far out of line with the intent of the Maple Trader. For a while I let it proceed thinking members would bring it into alignment with the rules and purpose of the Maple Trader. However, the thread kept getting worse and worse. It is now gone, completely removed.
    Anyone wanting to post threads or comments, please keep them relevant and in line with the purpose of this Forum.
    We are here to further the maple industry, on all levels for personal to the industry as a whole. Keep all posts in line with that purpose. If any individual makes repeated threads or posts within a thread that end up needing to be removed, that person will be removed from the Maple Trader.
    This does not mean we must or even that must agree with other's opinions or methods, it simply means we should always be keeping aligned with our purpose.
    Dave Klish
    Dave Klish, I recently ordered a 2x6 wood fired evaporator from A&A Sheet Metal which I will be converting to oil fired
    Now have solar, 2x6 finish pan, 5 bank 7x7 filter press, large water jacketed bottler, and tankless water heater.
    Recently bought another Gingerich RO, this one was a 125, but a second membrane was added thus is a 250, like I had.
    After running a 2x3, a 2x6, 3x8 tapping from 79 taps up to 1320 all woodfired, now I'm going to a 2x6 oil fired and a 200-425 taps.

Thanks Dave and Dr Tim for all the work keeping this a great forum.
    Sugaring for 45+ years
    New Sugarhouse 14'x32'
    New to Me Algier 2'x8' wood fired evaporator
    2022 added a used RB25 RO Bucket
    250 mostly Sugar Maples, 15% Soft Maples. Currently,(110on 3/16" and 125 on Shurflo 4008 vacuum, 15 gravity), (16,000 before being disabled)
    1947 Farmall H and Wagon with gathering tank
    2012 Kubota with forks to move wood around

yes thank you

I agree, thank You

Good decision Dave. That thread turned pathetic. Does this forum have any kind of an infraction system for repeat violations? Dr. Tim asked for all posts to be on topic and in line with the forum and the thread was cleaned up....yet two members came back to get in their last conspiracy theory shots. First time I found myself looking for the "ignore" button on this forum.
    16x24 Timber Frame Sugar House
    Mason 2x4 Evaporator
    90 trees on buckets

I personally enjoy some of those posts (just my opinion). Please don't talk about bringing down the 'ban hammer' too easily.

Yes, the admins have a way to keep track of infractions. Rarely will anyone be removed from just one post unless the post is spam or trolling. Others are given a chance to prove them selves as a contributing member of our community in the pursuit of maple.
    Healthy debate is good, but as a conversation wanders completely off the maple topic it gets looked at closely.
    Dave Klish, I recently ordered a 2x6 wood fired evaporator from A&A Sheet Metal which I will be converting to oil fired
    Now have solar, 2x6 finish pan, 5 bank 7x7 filter press, large water jacketed bottler, and tankless water heater.
    Recently bought another Gingerich RO, this one was a 125, but a second membrane was added thus is a 250, like I had.
    After running a 2x3, a 2x6, 3x8 tapping from 79 taps up to 1320 all woodfired, now I'm going to a 2x6 oil fired and a 200-425 taps.

By the way, Wannabe, I have never banned any member on my own. I only refer it to the owner of this forum. However I don't think I ever referred anyone in the past who was not then removed by the owner.

Dave, thanks for getting involved. I have become less active over the past year or so for several reasons and to be fair some of the rantings has made it less enjoyable. While some people may find it entertaining, others may find it offensive. Those who are offended will not come back and that's a loss for everyone. Good ideas for making syrup don't come from a particular political point of view. This forum is a great help to all of us hobby producers in particular and it's a great way to increase the fun factor while improving the safety for all. It's also good for the industry as a whole because the more the public understands the industry, the more it will be supported in regards to public policy on food safety, taxation, environment, etc. I also believe small producers can increase demand for maple products in areas outside what's considered traditional "maple syrup country."
    Leader 1/2 pint - Kawasaki Mule - Smoky Lake Filter Bottler
    24 GPH RO, 2 1/2 x 40 NF3 (NF270), 140 GPH (Brass with no relief valve ) ProCon pump
    2013 - 44 taps - 16 gallons syrup, 2014 - 109 taps - 26 gallons syrup
    2015 - 71 taps - 13.5 gallons syrup, 2016 - 125 taps - 24.25 gallons syrup
    2017 - 129 taps - 17.5 gallons syrup, 2018 - 128 taps- 18 gallons syrup
    2019 -130 taps - 18.5 gallons syrup, 2020 ~125 taps-19.75 gallons syrup

Last edited by Scm; 04-11-2018 at 08:32 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast