+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is it me or is CDL getting bigger?

CDL is like any of the other Maple equipment companies. They have good products and cheaper constructed products. Their tanks are the flimsiest built ones on the market but cheaper to buy.
    Sugaring for 45+ years
    New Sugarhouse 14'x32'
    New to Me Algier 2'x8' wood fired evaporator
    2022 added a used RB25 RO Bucket
    250 mostly Sugar Maples, 15% Soft Maples. Currently,(110on 3/16" and 125 on Shurflo 4008 vacuum, 15 gravity), (16,000 before being disabled)
    1947 Farmall H and Wagon with gathering tank
    2012 Kubota with forks to move wood around

I don't know if I'd call the CDL tanks Flimsy but they definitely are not as robust as lappiere or leader, that being said almost everyone I know has them and has very little trouble with them. They Are what I'd call a good Value.

I agree with the guys that say they like the tubing better I have tried many kinds of tubing and like the CDL best so far.

I know that there are guys that buy from just one Dealer but I like to shop around and pick and choose my favorite products from each one in my area.
    Last edited by n8hutch; 02-28-2018 at 06:55 AM.
    Nate Hutchins
    Nate & Kate's Maple
    2022 1000 taps?
    3x10 Intensofire
    20x36 sugarhouse
    CDL 600gph RO
    A wife and 2 kids.

CDL has certainly gotten bigger in the last few years One problem could be keeping up with service to their customers When sap broke loose this past week it took me three days to even talk to someone in the service department They did finally send a tech over and I was able to still use the RO with a leak so it wasn't life or death
    Also the Canadian US dollar exchange rate hurts us in selling our syrup but it helps them in selling us equipment putting Leader in a tough spot
    That said things could change down the road
    10,600 taps on vacuum
    5x16 CDL Master / with steam pan
    3600 GPH CDL RO

Just like Wall Mart. Their tanks are flimsy and the evaporators are made cheaply. I'll stick to leader evaporators and h20 ro's

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12