Thread: Tapping UP Michigan

Threaded View

This appleknocker had a UP experience this weekend that i'm sure many of you can relate to. i'm trying to keep my camp road open so i can tap in a month or so. i'm 2 miles off of blacktop and it's getting challenging in a coupla places. sugar snow snow on top of ice isn't helping. anyway i stuck my truck n plow going up a hill. called a neighbor n he pulled me out. i closed up camp n started home. my neighbor was backing up to a turnaround n slide off the road by a swamp. i pulled him out 4 or 5 times but each time he backed out he slide off the road again. then i stuck my truck trying to get him out. luckily caught another neighbor (everybody on our road was at camp shoveling their roofs) and this one has a 1 ton truck n 9'2" plow. took some time and some yooper engineering but he got us out. we paid him for his efforts and hired him to widen out our road so that we can have a sugar season this year. got home at midnight. btw, just because u have a tab on ur boots that says "gortex" it doesn't guarantee that ur boots are waterproof!

mark

i see 9-15" predicted for our area again this week... wonderful
    Last edited by goose52; 02-18-2019 at 05:21 AM.