So my wife and kids are really excited to make some maple candy and cream, so I splurged and got the Sunrise candy/cream machine.

Unfortunately, it doesn't come with any documentation, so being new to all things maple, I'm a bit confused about the working of the machine.

My first question is do you only use the water jacket for candy? I would imagine as you wouldn't want to heat your cream up.

Next is where to put the water. I'm guessing it's the port at the top, as I don't see any other place to put it. It's a stupid question, but I want to be sure.

Next is the sight glass. Is the sight glass just to show the water level? Given it's placement, it looks like it would measure the water level.

Next, cleaning, how do people clean their machines after usage?

Next, Maintenance, does the machine require anything like food grade grease and how would that be applied?

And finally, any suggestions on some introductory methods of making both? temps, procedure, gear speed, etc?

So far the season here is going well and we're starting to get a lot of syrup we'd like to make into candy and cream.

I know this is a lot of questions and a bad time of year to consume people's time, but any help would be appreciated.

If it's easier to discuss on a call, just PM me and we can exchange numbers.

Thanks,

Mike