+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Away we go

Default Away we go

Finishing the last of 300 drops today and tomorrow. Will be all tapped in by the end of the week. Fourth year and the last on this small 2x3 hobby evaporator. Good thing I like long nights and my buddy takes my excess sap. Twice as many taps this year!!

And I thought I was crazy with 320 taps and a 2x6 @25gph. Solid 12-14hr boils on a good run day. Good luck!
    Road's End Farm - Starting small with no end in sight!

Default ikr

Buddy takes my excess sap. This is double my number from last season. I do know I will be over my head. But I won't waste sap

Tapped in 120 yesterday, trees are still froze up tight. My trees are sheltered some by an evergreen growth to the southwest. Snow is three feet deep and slow to even show sign of a drop. Tournament games today but tomorrow I will tap the last 200 and set uptake shurflow. Arranging wood supply and readying the evaporator. Hope all is going well

Looking for a 2x6 this season

Looking for a 2x6 this next season

I tapped in the last of the original bush that was on shurflo and suddenly trees began to run. I fired the shurflo to see if it would pull the rest of the trees into action, no go. I am amazed at the flow and the temp, its 32 and still pumping. My pump shuts off at this temp roughly. watching to see how long it will run.

Quote Originally Posted by Road's End View Post
    And I thought I was crazy with 320 taps and a 2x6 @25gph. Solid 12-14hr boils on a good run day. Good luck!
    With an RO, you will be able to do lots more on that 2x6.
    Dave Klish, I recently ordered a 2x6 wood fired evaporator from A&A Sheet Metal which I will be converting to oil fired
    Now have solar, 2x6 finish pan, 5 bank 7x7 filter press, large water jacketed bottler, and tankless water heater.
    Recently bought another Gingerich RO, this one was a 125, but a second membrane was added thus is a 250, like I had.
    After running a 2x3, a 2x6, 3x8 tapping from 79 taps up to 1320 all woodfired, now I'm going to a 2x6 oil fired and a 200-425 taps.

I have an older leader 2 x 6 I will be selling when season over I'll keep you in mind.
    2 1/2 x 10 with steam away leader drop flue inferno arch.
    550 in gravity

Quote Originally Posted by maple flats View Post
    With an RO, you will be able to do lots more on that 2x6.
    That's exactly what I did for this year. 400+ taps for this season. I'll have the exact number within a week when I'm done tapping.
    Road's End Farm - Starting small with no end in sight!

+ Reply to Thread