+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Wide propane range

Default Wide propane range

Coming up on my third year of sugaring, I have used a catering pan on a bayou classic surrounded by cinder blocks the last two years which have worked well, but in order to improve my boil rate I splurged on a nice 17" x 34" stainless steel pan to use this year. I'll obviously need more than one burner and was originally planning to use one of those taller double stove propane burners and surrounding it with blocks, but I would really like to distribute the heat as much as possible across the bottom surface of the pan, rather than have two hotspots. I found these: http://www.grillparts.com/grill-burn...uct_id=CIDCSLX while searching for standalone burners and was wondering if anyone with expertise thinks I could lay two of these burners on top of a base of paving stones under each side of the pan, which would be raised slightly above the burners by a low surround of blocks built on top of the base of pavers. I am imagining basically a stone grill that is recessed in the middle with holes in either side to run propane lines. Two 16" burners would allow me to supply heat along the length of the pan. Is it that easy to just run line from a propane tank into one of these rectangular grill burners?

Speaking on experience of melting rubber propane supply hoses, I would encourage you to come off the burners with orifice, short section of copper, to black pipe. Then use the appropriate fittings to get to a shut off valve. From the shut off valve you can switch back to rubber feed line. I have mine run in a U shape, with an adjustable regulator. So long winded answer but yes it is. Good pipe dope, good connections, and good soap are all that is needed.

SDdave
    It's not the size of the tree...it's what inside that counts!

+ Reply to Thread