+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Columbia County

Default Columbia County

Put in 8 taps on Sunday. Collected 4 gallons yesterday and started boiling. Lots of snow today. Hope to get at least 100 gallons of sap and 2 gallons of syrup by the end of the season. The most ever was 5 gallons from 12 taps.

Nice, what are you using for an arch?

I use a 4 gallon shallow chafing dish supported by cinder blocks. For heat, I use electric burners. It's slow but the electricity is actually fairly cost-effective. In the past, I used propane but that was actually more expensive!

So far, I've made about 1 gallon of syrup. Hoping to get 2.

How about you? What's your set-up?

We run a CDL 2x 6 wood fired arch with a smokey lake autodraw sofar we have made about 25 gallons on 250 taps. It's been a weird season so far.

I agree. Slowing down now. How many gallons do you expect this season? Where are you located? I'd enjoy seeing your setup!

So far this season, we are just under 40 gallon, hopeful that this weekend resets and gives us a few more.
    Our sugar shack is located at 5790Daughertys Run Rd Linden Pa 17744. We will be there on Sat and Sun. SUNDAY is a better day we have Boy scout Troop visiting from a local area.
    You are welcome anytime for a visit.
    We have a four man group Tom,Jim,Mike and Myself, Curt one or all of us are usually there. I can send you my number if you need it?

Linden is a bit far from Lightstreet. However, I have an appointment in Lock Haven on the 22nd and the weather is getting colder next week. Maybe I could stop by that day in the early evening?

We're still boiling a bit right now. Hoping to collect 10-15 more gallons of sap before the season's over. Right now we have made close to 2 gallons of syrup. Our most ever was about 5 gallons.

Collected about 10 more gallons of sap in the last few days. Love this colder weather! Almost at goal of 2 gallons of finished syrup. Half of the taps have stopped for good, but about 5 taps are still dripping.

Hit goal of 2 gallons. I'm pulling the last few taps out today. See everyone next year!

+ Reply to Thread