This is about the same time of every year I start this thread. I started this little adventure with my son Chase in 2005 when he was 12 years old. Since then we have met a lot of great people. I got involved in the Northwest PA Maple Syrup Producers Association, and helped Daryl Sheets initiate the Lake Erie Maple Expo. I missed out on making syrup two different years because of uncontrollable issues but have always looked forward to the beginning of the season.
This year is different. Back in the middle of October I lost my partner. Our son was killed in a motorcycle/deer accident and our world has been upside down ever since. Still having good days and bad but it’s very hard trying to get going this year. I’ve cleaning tanks and done some woods work but I’m having a tough time making a whole hearted commitment to getting going. I was an A+ procrastinator before this but now it’s time to get going. If I don’t I probably won’t be able to ever again. So wish me luck tomorrow is go time to do this in memory of Chase. Wishing everyone a good season this year.

Jim