+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tapped in Woodville (Finally!)

Default Tapped in Woodville (Finally!)

Well, I'm about a week late, but I'm finally in - at least the first 30 or so. I'll get the rest tomorrow and Sunday. Added more vac (both mechanical and natural) and replaced most of the drops. Hopefully, it will make up for what I missed!
    Woodville Maples
    www.woodvillemaples.com
    www.facebook.com/woodvillemaples
    Around 300 taps on tubing, 25+ on buckets if I put them out
    Mix of natural and mechanical vac, S3 Controller from Mountain Maple
    2x6 W.F. Mason with Phaneuf pans
    Deer Run 250 RO
    Ford F350
    6+ hives of bees (if they make it through the winters)
    Keeping the day job until I can start living the dream.

Congrats. Got the first half of mine in on Saturday as well, and things look like they're flowing really well.

Ill have to swing by when you're boiling sometime. Good luck with the temps this week, I wish I had snow again this year to pack around my buckets... :-/
    2016 - 5 taps - soda bottles and water jugs - boiled over a firepit - 3 quarts
    2017 - 15 taps - 5g buckets - barrel evaporator - "Bessie" - 2.85 gallons

Hope everyone is having a good run this week. It has been running nonstop since Monday for me and I can't keep up, even though my new 2x5 evaporator boils at twice the rate as the old one. Have 150 gal left from yesterday's run. Day off from work to boil today so sap doesn't spoil. One line with pump and my controller pulled 3 gpt in 24 hrs while a similar line on gravity with 15-20' of drop pulled 1.5 gpt. Crazy when a big mid season run happens in mid February!

Dave
    Mountain Maple farm
    2022 NAMSC award winning dark amber syrup
    2023: 320 taps, 70% red maples. Mountain Maple S4 diaphragm pump controller with automated sap transfer and text messaging
    https://www.mountainmaplefarm.com
    https://www.facebook.com/MountainMapleFarm/

Yeah I had to boil on the turkey fryer last night since I had too much to do around the house to get my barrel fired up and tended to. got about 7 out of the close to 20 gallons that had collected from 6 taps since Saturday. Hopefully the remainder makes it through today and I can fire up the barrel later on.

Hope you guys have a good week!
    2016 - 5 taps - soda bottles and water jugs - boiled over a firepit - 3 quarts
    2017 - 15 taps - 5g buckets - barrel evaporator - "Bessie" - 2.85 gallons

+ Reply to Thread