+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Our tiniest operation ever

Default Our tiniest operation ever

Well I guess we've settled in as best we can here in the little house in the little village. I really like the house. A small ranch and easy to care for. Spent the summer getting it all fixed up and pretty. Just some small stuff to putter with. We bottled alot of syrup before we left the farm almost 2 years ago. Its been really hard getting situated. There are people here. We're used to so much privacy and land. We have neither here. Its quiet and very nice. Across the road is a corn field and farms and woods. I found a nearby place to get fresh eggs. Miss my chickens. Ive been feeding the birds and squirrels. Theyre all very content. I have a red squirel(Fluffy) who comes on the deck to eat from his dish and torment the cats. We had ypung eagles fledge and sit on the house across the road crying to be fed. Hunting season 2 bucks ran from the field and between our houses. After lots of thpught Ron is gping to tap our trees. We will head put Sunday to pick out a few supplies. This pught to cause some comments from our neighbors we have no contact with. After lots of trying to figure out how to boil weve settled on a fish fryer. Enough to give Ron something to do. Its so incredibly boring sitting here all winter. Never had time on pur hands before. Only so much reading and bad tv. Hes had serious health problems so no lifting. This should be the ticket to get us through until Spring. Then a garden and rabbit proofing! Moving again even if we were able to find anything really is no longer possible. So i guess. We're here. Others would be thrilled to have this place. We're grateful but its not the farm. Still hurts to think about it. So we'll see how this little venture goes. Good luck everyone

Glad to here your doing ok and tapping some trees.

Thanks for the update, I hope things go well.
    44 27'08/71 27'56
    300 totalish taps 250 on tube and bosworth sap sucker
    50 bucket and bags about 40-50 gallons a season
    on a 2 by 7 home made evaporator and sugar shack
    1st gen circa 1966 still learning stuff

Glad your getting back into maple, and settled in too.
    Regards,
    Chris
    Casbohm Maple and Honey
    625 roadside taps + Neighbors bring some sap too!
    3x10 King, WRU, AOF and AUF
    12" SIRO Filter Press.
    2015 Ford F250 PSD sap hauler
    One Golden named Maggie, Norwegian Forest Cat named Lucy
    Too many Cub Cadets
    Ford Jubilee and several Allis WD's, and IH tractors
    1932 Ford AAB ton and a half, dump truck

www.mapleandhoney.com

+ Reply to Thread