+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: South Central and South Eastern PA

Looking at the wind that is suppose to come, I am afraid my buckets might blow away

If the wind is outta the south and they make it thru chambersburg to my work in green village, i will pick em up for ya!

Untapped (3/1/18) in Elizabethtown Lancaster County. Add three gallons of syrup to the PA total. That was a fun February!
    Ross
    2009 8 taps one cup syrup gas stove boiling

Quote Originally Posted by sticknstring View Post
    If the wind is outta the south and they make it thru chambersburg to my work in green village, i will pick em up for ya!
    That's funny. Let me know how much sap was in them

7/8 days are at 32F or colder. I think I will put a few out (with bricks on them) and see what happens. All open Norways that don't looked budded out yet.

Joe

Forecast is getting better and better. I tapped some more open Norways today. Nothing flowing yet. I don’t think it got cold enough last night. Suppose to get into the mid 20’s the next 5 days or so. Hoping the warm weather didn’t shut down the trees. Buds are still firm on Norways.

Tapped 425 trees Friday night and Saturday mourning and by 3:00 Saturday afternoon had over 200 gallons already and was running really good . All on 3/16 with anywhere from 10 to 25 inches of vacuum @ 3%. Looks good for the rest of the week.

How much drop do you think you have?

One tree gave me a gallon of 2.25%. All others nothing. New trees I tapped yesterday have budds that are looking suspicious. Supose to be colder tonight but today was not encouraging.

I have 25 to 30 taps on each line. I only had put 4 vacuum gauges on the lines I had the most drop. I would say from my last tap to the main line it would be anywhere from 10 to 30 foot drop that I got those numbers. From my first tap it would be around 100 foot drop. This is the first year I ran 3/16 on natural vacuum. I have some lines where I only have about 5 foot of drop and they were running good. I will check the vacuum on them this weekend when I get back up. Had the neighbor at our camp check yesterday and it was not flowing as good as it did saturday. We our on the north side of mountain and I don't think it got warm enough for it to run good. Hope to get enough to boil this weekend.
    Last edited by TPosey; 03-05-2018 at 09:14 AM.

Anyone looking for a nice oil tank arch with a home made ss 3 section continuous flow pan and a bunch of extra stuff?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast