+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I'm thinking Friday

Hope I don't re-post don't see it anywhere, but I am in Flint area, and will get started sunday after ice fishing. I tap about 80 trees, off our archery clubs property, make the syrup, and donate it back to the club for sale as my own personal fund raiser. good luck everyone. I recall doing this last feb. because we were ice fishing that day, and it shot up to 61 deg.

well I still haven't tapped. now Monday and Tuesday is supposed to be 60 degrees with a low of 55 on Monday night. I really don't want to expose taps to those temps right of the bat. now I'm not sure what to do

We tapped 20 trees today. May tap some more next weekend but we want to see how the weather will play out. If we get the warm-up and the rain we may not be able to get to the back of the property where the rest of the trees are.

Quote Originally Posted by mi-maple View Post
    well I still haven't tapped. now Monday and Tuesday is supposed to be 60 degrees with a low of 55 on Monday night. I really don't want to expose taps to those temps right of the bat. now I'm not sure what to do
    I'm waiting to Thursday or Friday because of that.

Think i put in 10 to 15 taps on Sunday 2/18 around the house so family can monitor this week as I am off all next week. Between Newaygo and Howard City. If weather pans out I will put many more out on my week off.

New to the trader this year. I really am enjoying reading through all the information on the site. We were hoping to get our taps in this weekend but with the major warm up think we’re holding off. It seems a few others our thinking the same.

I went ahead and put my taps in the woods on vacuum, about 90. I will put all the roadsides and yard trees in after the warm up, about 160 or more. I figure this will break my work up and the taps on vacuum with check balls should hold up better to bacteria. they are running a bit right now. we shall see if they run all night, low of 37

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123