+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I'm thinking Friday

Default I'm thinking Friday

I'm in southern most michigan so I'm probably going to be ahead of a lot of you. I see lots of 40 degree days in the extended forecast now. I believe I'm going to tap on Friday, and Saturday if I'm not done. Anyone else thinking soon?

I was thinking Saturday myself. Midland

In central NY I'm finally seeing sap weather too. If my biopsy comes back good, I'll be tapping shortly after that's done. If it comes back bad, I may not tap at all this year but I'll try to get a friend to do my lease on shares if he will. That bush is about a mile to mile and a half from him.
    I had been holding off until after the biopsy which was scheduled for tomorrow, they just called and it will be later in the week now.
    Dave Klish, I recently ordered a 2x6 wood fired evaporator from A&A Sheet Metal which I will be converting to oil fired
    Now have solar, 2x6 finish pan, 5 bank 7x7 filter press, large water jacketed bottler, and tankless water heater.
    Recently bought another Gingerich RO, this one was a 125, but a second membrane was added thus is a 250, like I had.
    After running a 2x3, a 2x6, 3x8 tapping from 79 taps up to 1320 all woodfired, now I'm going to a 2x6 oil fired and a 200-425 taps.

I am thinking Saturday or Sunday for sure. I'm NW of Grand Rapids a bit.

Sunday in Livingston county I’m out of town Thursday till Saturday or I would do it Friday
    Last edited by Greenthumb; 02-12-2018 at 12:56 PM.
    Smoky lake full pint on my leader half pint arch
    110 taps on 3/16 vacuum tubing
    Homemade RO sapinator

My wife and I were discussing the 10-day forcast yesterday...I am thinking taps will go in this weekend here as well.

I plan on tapping this Wednesday here in Almont. We are between Flint and Port Huron just south of I-69.

Clay Stroup

I'm in the upper thumb and I'm going to start tomorrow

I'm looking at probably the 24th if the weather looks right. A few days between now and then look favorable, but my trees wake up pretty slow. We typically tap in GR a week early and haul up to the shack that first week. I'm not ready with my arch this week and hope to finish up a few things this weekend.

Finishing up tonight and tomorrow on taps in S.W Mich. It was running on the south slope trees.Still 12" of snow
    5th generation
    2 1/2 Buckets
    815 gravity
    2 new flat pans. Back pan now has 16 V's
    Rebuilt the block arch 3x12
    Homemade pre-heater,steamhood
    MES Dolly RO

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast