+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New Member

Default New Member

First time blogger here....as in never felt so inclined to join any blog until now. You guys have a great community and family mindset. Thank you!

Our oldest child and I started sugaring, about 10 years ago, with a few trees. 1.5 gallons was fun to make but got old after a few years of using the grill and disposable aluminum pans. So, we stopped.

Now that the kids are a little older, they're excited to try it. So, we're going to give it another go...good times!

Where abouts on Oneida Lake are you?
    Dave Klish, I recently ordered a 2x6 wood fired evaporator from A&A Sheet Metal which I will be converting to oil fired
    Now have solar, 2x6 finish pan, 5 bank 7x7 filter press, large water jacketed bottler, and tankless water heater.
    Recently bought another Gingerich RO, this one was a 125, but a second membrane was added thus is a 250, like I had.
    After running a 2x3, a 2x6, 3x8 tapping from 79 taps up to 1320 all woodfired, now I'm going to a 2x6 oil fired and a 200-425 taps.

I see you too are a local. We live in Canastota and plan on tapping over near Whitelaw.

If I may ask here (or I can do so in a separate post)...I have a few questions on my set up and containers.

You could ask here, but more will see the question if you post the question in the right topic. Just read down thru the topics headings and decide which might be best and then post a thread there.
    Dave Klish, I recently ordered a 2x6 wood fired evaporator from A&A Sheet Metal which I will be converting to oil fired
    Now have solar, 2x6 finish pan, 5 bank 7x7 filter press, large water jacketed bottler, and tankless water heater.
    Recently bought another Gingerich RO, this one was a 125, but a second membrane was added thus is a 250, like I had.
    After running a 2x3, a 2x6, 3x8 tapping from 79 taps up to 1320 all woodfired, now I'm going to a 2x6 oil fired and a 200-425 taps.

Will do. Thanks!

+ Reply to Thread