+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ready for 2018

Tapped sunday and sap was flowing. Snowed Monday now all lines frozen no sap

20180308_130239.jpg
    Bored sugar makers.

Anxiously checking the weather and current temperature for the upcoming and possibly last 4 or 5 day run....

This is what we've been waiting for! Collected 50 gallons last evening and the sap is stilll running! This mornings total TBA. ted

Collected 80 gallons this morning plus the 20 gallons we had on hand and the 50 gallons from yesterday made for a 150 gallon boil we just finished! We'll collect again after a bite to eat. We plan to finish todays batch on the stove tomorrow, then collect again in the late afternoon. Fun times! Ted

Buds are out here.The last boil was Friday night and there was a slight smell and about halfway through the syrup started to change and then the smell was horrible.It was a great season and I will finish up with a little over 50 gallons of syrup.

It's amazing to me the difference in Iowa. You guys down south are done and I've barely pulled anything yet. In the past 15 years I bet I average 24th of march for the end of season.

Sunday out of 9 trees I got 23 gallons and the sap tested at 4% suger. I'm a first timer and i'm real excited to cook it down and make some syrup:-)

Hey Millville! Welcome to Maple Trader! It is pretty exciting! 4% is a great number, enjoy the boil! Tex

Great to have you join Millville, Clayton Co represent! I agree with you IowaSap, the difference between southern Iowa and northeast Iowa is significant, we have also pulled off just the start of our season. But, I think it's time and sap is running! Happy boiling everyone.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast