+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: a map app for your tapping updates

Nice! I've always wanted to build apps like you are but I'm just not much of a developer I noticed the confirm email link I received wasn't formatted as a link so it had to be copied/pasted into a browser. I'll add my little sugarbush later today and log once I tap. Thank you for building these apps!
    42.82N
    2015 - Small operation. 25 buckets. One excited 5 year old and one 35 year old that feels 5 again.
    2016 - One year older. New Homemade 2x4 Arch, Smoky Lake Pan and looking at 52 maples, 17 box elders and 2 walnut trees.
    2017 - Shurflo 4008 hooked to 42 stingy silver maples and a few Norways. A couple buckets on sugars and Norways. 10 box elders.
    2018 - ...a few more taps.
    2019 - ...more taps on 3/16 gravity. This spiral is heading downward in a hurry.
    2020 - 4x400 RO - RB20 (uh-oh!)

Quote Originally Posted by Sinzibuckwud View Post
    Nice setup on the site!
    Suggestion, a print log or send log to email button would be awesome.
    Thanks for the feedback and the suggestion. I had another user recently ask for something similar by having a way to download the data they collect. I just added that today which may suffice for your request to print or email. At the bottom of the Sugar Bush list is a download button. This is a comma separated values file, suitable to put into a spreadsheet and make your own analysis, you could print it too. I'll consider a more printable format too, maybe a pdf.

Quote Originally Posted by littleTapper View Post
    Nice! I've always wanted to build apps like you are but I'm just not much of a developer I noticed the confirm email link I received wasn't formatted as a link so it had to be copied/pasted into a browser. I'll add my little sugarbush later today and log once I tap. Thank you for building these apps!
    Thanks for the tip on the confirm link. I hadn't noticed that because my email software automatically makes links even if they aren't formatted. Meanwhile I've fixed it so the outgoing messages actually contain the link and not just the text for the link. Future users won't have to do the copy and past thing. I really appreciate the feedback. Thanks.

Love this idea, all signed up for the app and can't wait to input data into it!

Quote Originally Posted by thbarrons View Post
    Thanks for the feedback and the suggestion. I had another user recently ask for something similar by having a way to download the data they collect. I just added that today which may suffice for your request to print or email. At the bottom of the Sugar Bush list is a download button. This is a comma separated values file, suitable to put into a spreadsheet and make your own analysis, you could print it too. I'll consider a more printable format too, maybe a pdf.
    Downloading is a perfect solution.
    Thanks and keep up the good work.
    Matt Durrell
    2012 - 12 Taps hand me down 2x2 and made a barrel stove
    2014 - 20 Taps 8x10 timber-frame shack
    2015 - 25 Taps
    2016 - 28 Taps new 110 acres
    2017 - 12 Taps january, 55 Taps spring and 15 Taps fall, same ol 2x2
    2018 - Helping another sugarmaker 5000 Taps, 57 at home

I'll be giving this a try. Just set it up on my iPhone.

Just submitted my first bit of data, but appears the "heat map" isn't accurate.

also, is there a way you can get information about other users sap averages?
    2016 - 36 Taps - File Cabinet Arch + Food Pans
    2017 - 2.5'x10' drop flues - 3/16 Natural Vacuum - 122 Taps
    2018 - 16x20 Sugar Shack - 3/16 Natural Vacuum - 235 Taps

another thing i just noticed. there is only way to enter the number of taps at the time of original data entry. I will be phasing in more taps into my collection tank in a few days.

Perhaps pull the taps as a "last known value" for each data entry? this way if the tap count goes way up the data will still be useful
    2016 - 36 Taps - File Cabinet Arch + Food Pans
    2017 - 2.5'x10' drop flues - 3/16 Natural Vacuum - 122 Taps
    2018 - 16x20 Sugar Shack - 3/16 Natural Vacuum - 235 Taps

Just signed up here in Bedford, NH. Looking to tap this week, work permitting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2016-2018, 50 taps on hobby vacuum, boiling outdoors on the Mason 2x3.
    49 taps 2015, mix of hobby vacuum and gravity, boiling outdoors on the Mason 2x3.
    42+4 taps 2014, still on a WF Mason 2x3 Hobby Evaporator
    43 taps 2013 on a WF Mason 2x3 Hobby Evaporator
    10 taps 2012

Follow along on our sugaring adventures at our website:
    http://littlecreekmaplefarm.com

Last edited by Scm; 04-11-2018 at 08:29 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast