+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Bulk Price

Quote Originally Posted by S.S.S View Post
    Pete from Roth sugar bush was talking at maple institute in Wausau and was saying if there's so much syrup out there then why can't you get any when you call out east to buy some. He said they tell you don't have any available to sell.
    I doubt that they can’t find Syrup to buy, I suspect they just don’t want to pay anything for it. There is a mountain of syrup in storage around here.
    Sugaring for 45+ years
    New Sugarhouse 14'x32'
    New to Me Algier 2'x8' wood fired evaporator
    2022 added a used RB25 RO Bucket
    250 mostly Sugar Maples, 15% Soft Maples. Currently,(110on 3/16" and 125 on Shurflo 4008 vacuum, 15 gravity), (16,000 before being disabled)
    1947 Farmall H and Wagon with gathering tank
    2012 Kubota with forks to move wood around

UVM Proctor Maple Research Center, Underhill Ctr, VT

Quote Originally Posted by markcasper View Post
    ..very few people at the maple cream show, but hoards at the tubing installation seminar.
    That is our experience as well. We are asked frequently to talk on a wide range of subjects. Production talks we give are usually well attended. Others are rather hit and miss. Some we have been told are really important to the maple industry so we need to do education on the subject, and end up with 2-3 people. Although we do them, it is much more satisfying to have a room full.
    Dr. Tim Perkins
    UVM Proctor Maple Research Ctr
    http://www.uvm.edu/~pmrc
    https://mapleresearch.org
    Timothy.Perkins@uvm.edu

Quote Originally Posted by Scm View Post
    Now your thinking. But how do you infuse the two? Butters and oils have the fat that the molecule need to stick too. I don’t think it sticks to sugars.
    I'm afraid that is a trade secret....
    About 750 taps on High Vac.
    2.5 x 8 Intens-O-Fire
    Airtech 3 hp LR Pump
    Springtech Elite 500 RO
    14 x 24 Timber Frame SugarHouse
    16 x 22 Sap Shed w/ 1500 gal. + 700 gal. tanks
    www.littlehogbackfarm.com

amaranth farm Guest

Radio Silence.
    Last edited by amaranth farm; 04-06-2018 at 01:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by amaranth farm View Post
    Some of the search terms I used to look at this subject online included THC, attach, molecule and sugar. The basic answer is that it does not readily bind with sugar. Fats and alcohol are the standard bearers. However, that never deters science when there is a profit motive.

Now, a little further research shows that this may not be the answer we are looking for. Seems that how TCH gets into the blood system attached to another molecule is very important. The gist is that sugar permeates the stomach walls in a different manner than fats or alcohol. That process can actually lead to the body dumping THC into a waste stream instead of making its way to the receptors that give you the altered state. That would mean that alcohol and fat are still a superior delivery method over sugar.

To date, sugar is added as a means to alter the flavour profile of the raw ingredient. Now, many producers are well into their exploration of bourbon flavoured syrup. Some, like me, have wondered aloud why age it in a barrel if the regulations allow us to sell product that could contain up to 2% alcohol; without having to get certified as a producer/distributer of alcohol. See where this is headed?

Soak source THC in bourbon. Titrate with maple syrup to just under 2%. Probably not going to get the urban hippy as a customer, but the urban hipster is a shoe in.
    As I said...huge market here. As for combining THC with sugar, I would encourage you to take a trip to CO, WA, or OR to see the variety of products that are available that do just that.
    About 750 taps on High Vac.
    2.5 x 8 Intens-O-Fire
    Airtech 3 hp LR Pump
    Springtech Elite 500 RO
    14 x 24 Timber Frame SugarHouse
    16 x 22 Sap Shed w/ 1500 gal. + 700 gal. tanks
    www.littlehogbackfarm.com

amaranth farm Guest

Radio Silence.
    Last edited by amaranth farm; 04-06-2018 at 01:54 PM.

"Binders" are useful in this process.....l
    Salisbury Sugarworks,,Parker Rowe, and friends
    Salisbury, N.H.
    1988 taps in 09
    over 2500 on vac in 2010
    no buckets in 2010
    2815 taps in 2011
    shooting for 3000 in 2012
    4000 taps? In 2014
    5x16 wood fired "Mighty Marvin"
    50 cords in the shed
    Old, old R.O.
    Charter member Andover/Salisbury Mapleholics
    http://img391.imageshack.us/img391/4...s009bx4.th.jpg

amaranth farm Guest

Radio Silence.
    Last edited by amaranth farm; 04-06-2018 at 01:54 PM.

Last edited by Scm; 04-11-2018 at 08:26 AM.

THC can be infused into sugar... it's more difficult to do than other methods, but it can be done with good flavor. it would be tricky to do it with maple sugar and keep the maple flavor... but it probably can be done. the quick version... cook/dry out and grind up the weed, put it in alcohol, stir in the sugar, let it set for a while, strain out the weed, then let the water/booze evaporate leaving you with THC infused sugar... that's the gist of it.
    Generally it has to attach to fats... butter or dairy products, oils etc... then that "fat" is used in the cooking process to infuse the THC fat into whatever your cooking. oil being the easiest way to mask the weed taste. with all the states starting to legalize... it could be something to try.
    Awfully thankful for an understanding wife!

“The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.”
    - Vincent “Vince” Lombardi

Good luck to all!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast