+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018

Well my best producing trees were dripping slowly today when I got home out of one of the two taps on each tree. My other three were very minimal drip. At least I am starting to see flow. I'm hoping another day of 40's and maybe if I get some of the snow melted or cleared away, they will start to really run. I was hoping to get a test boil in on my new equipment this weekend of next as I am out of town for about a week at what looks like the peak of the season. I know when I get back, I'm going to have several batches to boil. Oh well, hopefully this week is warmer than predicted.

Just put 35 taps in And half were dripping. I couldn’t take it any more and I am about and hour North of Rogers. Here we go!

Snow is knee deep and forecast is for rain and snow and more cold weather. Think I will wait it out another week or two. 70 miles south of International Falls.

Waiting here till the 10th. NE of Grand Rapids.

Went out this morning to put in some test taps and a few were dripping so since it was a nice day and not being sure if I will be gone next weekend I tapped most of my trees a little over 100 taps.
    Mike
    Home made RO thanks to MapleTrader
    2 LP fish fryers
    2013 5 gallons syrup
    2014 14 gallons syrup

Was out installing the last of my drop lines today and seen one tree leaking a little sap, otherwise any broken limbs and branches I've noticed are all dry yet. Planning on getting everything tapped by next weekend. I'm located in NE corner of Ottertail and SE corner of Becker county line.

Upgraded system this year to 3/16 nat vacuum.
    Lines are run and hoping to tap end of week.
    Small backyard operation in Excelsior about 30 taps.
    I can’t stop reading forums on this web site!
    Only have a barrel stove so ended up doing small RO system for sap.
    Found a great evaporator in Wisconsin and told the wife about it and she said I have issues!
    This has been a great learning experience!

82 taps done this weekend on 3/16 natural gravity. Will do the 30 buckets with drops next week when things start flowing.

Have 150 taps in as of Sunday, about 3/4 were running, some with a small drip and others were dripping pretty fast.. Now after the storm I will need to go check and make sure I have not lost some of my buckets.

Another 11 inches of snow in Motley area will make it tough on my old body to tap and sap.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast