+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tapping in Pocahontas County

Default Tapping in Pocahontas County

We aren’t quite ready yet but hope to have the main woods tapped by Saturday night. The weather caught me unprepared...again. I heard that some other folks may be going in the county. AT

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I believe you hit it perfect! You and Rachel can get cheap snorkel's at the Dollar General Store to keep from drowning in sap, don't forget one for the little tike also, you can also use them at the beach this summer! Lol!

Mark 220 Maple
    1100 taps on low vaccum, 900 on gravity.
    900 plus taps leased and on high vacuum
    35 cfm Indiana Liquid Ring Vacuum Pump
    80% Sugar, 20% Red MAPLES
    http://s247.photobucket.com/albums/g...Maple%20Syrup/

We did get tapped last weekend with some help. I have to go boil a little bit of sap from Thursday evening. We have about 12 gallons made and seem to be working out the kinks as we go. Awful cold this morning -4 but it may get above freezing today should help with sugar content.
    Adam

Congrats on getting in the Lancaster Farm Journal, one of my friends told me about the picture of Adam and the little one strapped to his chest tapping trees, could be another winner at the NAMSC Meeting?

Mark 220 Maple
    1100 taps on low vaccum, 900 on gravity.
    900 plus taps leased and on high vacuum
    35 cfm Indiana Liquid Ring Vacuum Pump
    80% Sugar, 20% Red MAPLES
    http://s247.photobucket.com/albums/g...Maple%20Syrup/

The timing worked out great for the article, Bryce and I had a good time tapping his first trees.

We have bottled about 75 gallons, have about 20-25 to bottle and the trees were running good this afternoon. Trying to rest have a bit of a sore throat plan to hit it hard tomorrow evening.

Had to get the RO rolling this am, sap is roaring in haven’t seen a run like this for a while!!! Going to be a busy day and night.

We have done really well thus far, we are at just under 150 gallons bottled. Looks like it will be a busy week.

AT

We are on par with last season almost exactly. We have bottled 222.25 gallons to date. Supposed to get a freeze Monday night that should restart everything.

Boiled today but didn’t quite get to draw off. Have bottled 228.6 to date, this is off of about 1020 taps. We don’t know if we will be able to get the rest of our taps in or not, awful busy with the baby and work. Looks like we are gonna freeze again tonight hopefully get to 300-400 this year.

Well we are still going. We have 400 in the sights and it is looking good. The sugar content took a vacation til next year but most of our customers like it dark, so we carry on. The reds are swelled but still have not popped. The flavor tonight was excellent. We will post when we are finished it is close. A

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast