+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Milwaukee M18 Transfer Pump

Default Milwaukee M18 Transfer Pump

I'm wondering if anyone has used or there are any thoughts on using a Milwaukee M18 Transfer Pump
    https://www.milwaukeetool.com/power-...rdless/2771-20

I have a TON of M12 and M18 tools, so i have a plethora of batteries. It's obviously not going to be the fastest for pumping sap, but thought it might make a good backup and or in-a-pinch pump, especially for emptying barrels if they didn't have a spout on them.
    2016 - 36 Taps - File Cabinet Arch + Food Pans
    2017 - 2.5'x10' drop flues - 3/16 Natural Vacuum - 122 Taps
    2018 - 16x20 Sugar Shack - 3/16 Natural Vacuum - 235 Taps

Looking at the info available on the main web site it shows no indication of food grade or even potable water. The plastic might well be recycled, with no way of knowing what the original life of the plastic may have contained or touched.
    I wouldn't dare try it for sap.
    Dave Klish, I recently ordered a 2x6 wood fired evaporator from A&A Sheet Metal which I will be converting to oil fired
    Now have solar, 2x6 finish pan, 5 bank 7x7 filter press, large water jacketed bottler, and tankless water heater.
    Recently bought another Gingerich RO, this one was a 125, but a second membrane was added thus is a 250, like I had.
    After running a 2x3, a 2x6, 3x8 tapping from 79 taps up to 1320 all woodfired, now I'm going to a 2x6 oil fired and a 200-425 taps.

It does show in the manual "Not for potable water or other potable liquids." That being said, Most well pumps that feed houses have cast iron housings and underground mains are cast iron. In a pinch, I wouldn't hesitate to use it.

I would hesitate big time, the housing is not cast iron, it is plastic and if labeled "not for potable water or liquids" it most certainly has recycled plastic in it. Recycled plastic can harbor contaminates you do not want in your syrup. This is not an issue of rust getting in the syrup like what cast iron could do.
    Dave Klish, I recently ordered a 2x6 wood fired evaporator from A&A Sheet Metal which I will be converting to oil fired
    Now have solar, 2x6 finish pan, 5 bank 7x7 filter press, large water jacketed bottler, and tankless water heater.
    Recently bought another Gingerich RO, this one was a 125, but a second membrane was added thus is a 250, like I had.
    After running a 2x3, a 2x6, 3x8 tapping from 79 taps up to 1320 all woodfired, now I'm going to a 2x6 oil fired and a 200-425 taps.

Its a great little pump for around the farm. Never used it for sap, just gray water. pumps about 10 gallons a minute. For cold sap I don't think it would be much of an issue.

+ Reply to Thread