Quote Originally Posted by BAP View Post
That is a True, Diehard, Sugarmaker.
BAP, it didn't kill me. But is could have I was out all day working on tubing & mainline, cutting in new drops. I came in at dark to eat, grabbed a headlight and a couple LED work lights, and headed back out with the drill and bit. I found a lateral that I had forgot to connect, so I proceeded to put a big nasty blood blister on the inside of my left thumb with my tubing tool, slipped down a 20ft hill side, dropped one of my lights off a rock cliff, all before I got the first tap in, so I decided to call it a night. Not so much die hard as stubborn.

I did manage to get 183 taps in Wed & Thurs. I found my first squirrel chew, and second, and third, all in the same stretch of line- Funny those 3/16 fittings go in a lot easier to squeeze in when they are wet with sap. Also funny, I found the bubbling leak, spliced in a connector. Proud of myself for fixing my first leak, I stood back and beamed. Well there 6" below, was another one, just as many bubbles. Spliced in another connector-6" below that, ANOTHER one! lol. I had sap all over me and filled one of the pockets of my tool bag. Good luck everyone with this years season!