+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sp 22 oil

Thanks for all the great info.
    Remember to keep on ticking while the sap is dripping.
    2016- 50 buckets. Made 4 gallons.
    2022- 3900? taps + Smartrek! Made 1300 gallons.

Quote Originally Posted by markcasper View Post
    Not to ruin your day.....but 2 weeks is way too long to not be draining your oil. Those pumps aren't gonna last! You need to be doing it every 5 days if running around the clock. Oil is cheap when your pump ceases up.
    What is the 5 days based on? Is there some data? I have tried the concoction you list in the past but found it gives off way more mist than the TSC brand.
    CDL 2x8
    Around 4000 taps
    Polaris ATVs, Ski Doo snowmobiles to get around
    Atlas Copco pumps
    Lapierre two post RO

http://s272.photobucket.com/albums/j...Sugar%20shack/

Quote Originally Posted by Maplewalnut View Post
    What is the 5 days based on? Is there some data? I have tried the concoction you list in the past but found it gives off way more mist than the TSC brand.
    Its based on a farmer always drained oil in his tractor every 100 - 125 hours with tractors made in the same time frame. Still try to stick to that even though they say with todays oil you can go 2-3 times that. I'm not buying it. Not a big deal to drain it 4-5 times a season, at least not for me. When that oil loses its sweet smell from the marvel mystery oil, tells me its time to change it. Gives me piece of mind to drain every 100-125 hours.
    Mark

Where we made syrup long before the trendies made it popular, now its just another commodity.

John Deere 4000, 830, and 420 crawler
    1400 taps, 600 gph CDL RO, 4x12 wood-fired Leader, forced air and preheater. 400 gallon Sap-O-Matic vacuum gathering tank, PTO powered. 2500 gallon X truck tank, 17 bulk tanks.
    No cage tanks allowed on this farm!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12