+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Willowcreek Sugarhouse 2018

very weird. I am throwing in the towel its just not coming back. I might try again tomorrow just to see if it comes back but I doubt it. supposed to get down to 25* tonight and sunny tomorrow. I will dump again and see what happens. stubborn trees this year!!!
    Mine didn't run early either this year. oh well I will only be about 2 gallons shy of last year but I also made some of the best syrup I have made in a few years too. so I will chalk it up to average. I have a really nice sample for the carlisle and the deer field fair this year!!! just need a good honey sample and hopefully we can get a few blue ribbons. If sap isn't better tomorrow then I am done. good thing I saved my permeate from the last boil I had a feeling!!! its always fun... but the bad part is coming.

And I might have to miss the bascom's open house too which I always go to they have some good classes. wife is gonna be away so have to take care of the kids and get them to sports and work and stuff.
    may your sap be at 3%
    Brad

www.willowcreeksugarhouse.com
    585 or so on Vacuum, about 35 on buckets/sap sacs
    Atlas Copco GVS 25A Rotary Vane vacuum pump
    MES horizontal electric releaser
    2x6 ss phaneuf Drop flue, Leader woodsaver blower, homemade hood
    300gph H2O RO
    husquvarna 562 XP
    Its Here!!! 2024 season is here get busy!!!

It's surprising that the trees just don't want to run. I don't know about your woods but mine are wet enough so that a lack of moisture isn't the problem. It's not just us, no one else is getting anything either.

Good luck if you do try again tomorrow. I hope you get a lot of good sap.
    Russ

"Red Roof Maples" Where the term "boiling soda" was first introduced to the maple world!

1930 Ford Model AA Doodlebug tractor
    A couple of Honda 4 wheelers
    Four chainsaws and no chickens!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567