+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Western MA - My drill finger is getting itchy

i haven`t and nobody i know has..... honestly the only maple trees ive been looking at lately have been going thru my firewood processor lol
    2x6 leader WSE with AUF, hood,preheater
    waterguy RO
    leader 16 gal custom water jacketed canner
    10 in short stack wes fab filter press
    540 taps on tubing with vac & always adding
    2- benders running 25" hg from GAST vac pumps
    few stainless bulk tanks
    1978 chevy 1 ton 4x4 dually
    IH T340 dozer with 6-way blade

Quote Originally Posted by WESTMAPLES View Post
    i haven`t and nobody i know has..... honestly the only maple trees ive been looking at lately have been going thru my firewood processor lol
    Do you sell cord wood? I'd like 3 cord in the spring after the maple season ends
    1st Year Turkey Fryer Guru-10 taps and No Clue
    2nd Year Warming Pans on a Barrel Unit-25 taps Still No Clue
    3rd Year 2 X 3 Divided Pan on a NEW Homemade Barrel Unit-45 taps Starting To Learn
    4th year (2017) Mason 2 X 3 Inside Small Shack-85 Taps I Think I'm Addicted!!

yes i do.... ive been selling premium hardwood firewood for going on 12 years now started out doing 20 cord a year with a maul, then a `big box store splitter`86 cord, then built my red devil splitter with 4/6 way head and a old 24 ft kmart merchandise conveyor 178 cord , and now ive almost finished (adding little things here and there) to my processor in the last 4 months ive done 230 cords and counting ..... liven my american dream everyday. PM me when we get closer to when you would like it thanks
    waterguy RO
    few stainless bulk tanks

Quote Originally Posted by WESTMAPLES View Post
    yes i do.... ive been selling premium hardwood firewood for going on 12 years now started out doing 20 cord a year with a maul, then a `big box store splitter`86 cord, then built my red devil splitter with 4/6 way head and a old 24 ft kmart merchandise conveyor 178 cord , and now ive almost finished (adding little things here and there) to my processor in the last 4 months ive done 230 cords and counting ..... liven my american dream everyday. PM me when we get closer to when you would like it thanks
    Congrats that is awesome!!! Down the road from me they build those CRD processing units. Can't believe how many they move all over the country. Will do thanks!!
    1st Year Turkey Fryer Guru-10 taps and No Clue
    2nd Year Warming Pans on a Barrel Unit-25 taps Still No Clue
    3rd Year 2 X 3 Divided Pan on a NEW Homemade Barrel Unit-45 taps Starting To Learn
    4th year (2017) Mason 2 X 3 Inside Small Shack-85 Taps I Think I'm Addicted!!

yeah i went and demo`d a woodbine rapido loco 60 a few months back and talked with chris and his guys, there is no bs, pumped up cord pre hr rates, or smoke n mirriors with them, ive run a handful of other processors the rates others advertise are slightly inflated in normal, not prefect wood . hopefully the end of this year or start of 2019, i will be the proud owner of a 60 model. i just laugh abit when people ask `what do you do for work` and my reply is `im self employed`.... they usually say `it must be hard out on your own`!!! my reply is ` well everybody has to stay warm`..... boy the looks i get.
    waterguy RO
    few stainless bulk tanks

Quote Originally Posted by johnpma View Post
    Anybody have enough to boil yet??? I think I'm still a couple weeks away from tapping..........
    Haven't boiled yet, but the one silver lining on this cold is that hopefully it's keeping my sap frozen so it won't all go bad when I get back up to the sugarbush to boil. It's now been three weeks since the first run. I put all of that run (pretty much 100% frozen blocks of sap, aside from a little sugar-syrup in the bottom of some buckets) into a 50 gallon tote and put it in my (unheated) sugar shack. Really hoping it's not a stinky mess when I get back there. Given how cold it's been, it should've stayed pretty much frozen the whole time. As for what little has been dripping into the buckets since then... we shall see. Fingers crossed.
    2016: Homemade arch from old wood stove; 2 steam tray pans; 6 taps; 1.1 gal
    2017: Same setup. 15 taps; 4.5 gal
    2018: Same setup. Limited time. 12 taps and short season; 2.2 gal
    2019: Very limited time. 7 taps and a short season; 1.8 gals
    2020: New Mason 2x3 XL halfway through season; 9 taps 2 gals
    2021: Same 2x3, 18 taps, 4.5 gals
    2022: 23 taps, 5.9 gals
    2023: 23 taps. Added AUF, 13.2 gals
    2024: 17 taps
    All on buckets

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234