+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Shurflo set pictures

Default Shurflo set pictures

Hi All,

I was wondering anyone has a good picture of the setup they use their Shurflo's for? Looking to make a pump setup inside of a plastic tote. looks like I will need a pump, battery, temp controller, and possibly a solar panel charger. Any pictures will be helpful.

Thanks,

Josh
    CDL 2.5*8 Venturi with all the bells
    Leader Clear 5 bank filter press
    Memprotec 350H RO
    600ish taps and looking for more.

This is what I use IMG_20161227_080223.jpg I have several of these and they work pretty good. They are in cheap coolers and the pump turns off at 32 and the light turns on so they don't freeze.
    2021 230 Taps on vacuum
    Smokylake 2X6 pan set with auto drawoff
    Homebuilt 2 4x40 membrane RO
    Homebuilt filter press
    Rebuilt arch with under and over the fire air we have named V 2.0
    Smokylake steam bottler
    Hoods and preheater
    500 gallon vertical polytank to store sap for RO
    Adding a laser eye to my bottler for autofill/stop

Quote Originally Posted by VTnewguy View Post
    Hi All,

I was wondering anyone has a good picture of the setup they use their Shurflo's for? Looking to make a pump setup inside of a plastic tote. looks like I will need a pump, battery, temp controller, and possibly a solar panel charger. Any pictures will be helpful.

Josh
    Josh- if you search ither shurflo threads you will find some pictures. Nothing fancy, i would lay your set up out on a table, measure the footprint and that will tell you what size tote to get
    CDL 2x8
    Around 4000 taps
    Polaris ATVs, Ski Doo snowmobiles to get around
    Atlas Copco pumps
    Lapierre two post RO

http://s272.photobucket.com/albums/j...Sugar%20shack/

Here's my set up from last year. There's no heating element because the Smart Sap Sucker opens a bypass valve when it gets down to freezing.

http://mapletrader.com/community/sho...art+sap+sucker
    Woodville Maples
    www.woodvillemaples.com
    www.facebook.com/woodvillemaples
    Around 300 taps on tubing, 25+ on buckets if I put them out
    Mix of natural and mechanical vac, S3 Controller from Mountain Maple
    2x6 W.F. Mason with Phaneuf pans
    Deer Run 250 RO
    Ford F350
    6+ hives of bees (if they make it through the winters)
    Keeping the day job until I can start living the dream.

Thank you very much! We are probably going to have to do a battery setup as we don't have power at the sugarbush location.
    CDL 2.5*8 Venturi with all the bells
    Leader Clear 5 bank filter press
    Memprotec 350H RO
    600ish taps and looking for more.

Quote Originally Posted by VTnewguy View Post
    Thank you very much! We are probably going to have to do a battery setup as we don't have power at the sugarbush location.
    I'm actually taking this tote out to a remote location and putting a battery in then using this power supply for the vac here at the house. I chose a clear tote because there's a small led on the outside of the controller so I can see if it's running.
    Woodville Maples
    www.woodvillemaples.com
    Deer Run 250 RO
    Ford F350

Here is a pic of the setup im using this spring for 60 red maples. I used plastic tote set up on the ground last year and arthritis in knees complained on periodic maintenance, so unfortunately I switched to this at the expense of 2 feet of elevation on a fairly level woodlot. I still have to waterproof it with poly and learn how to program Inkbird which I saw on a MT members post and it looks a lot less problematic than those 5 dollar relay boards. This is my first year on 3/16 so im cautiously optimistic given that last year with 5/16 dropping into 3/4 mainline line I was chasing airlocks and sagging line frequently. Good Luck and have a great season!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by mike103; 01-06-2018 at 12:10 PM. Reason: photo upside down

Mike,

That's the first Inkbird I've seen - very nice! The dual stage is great and makes things very easy for a lamp and pump.

Your pump and filter are inverted compared to mine. My pump housing points down, below the line and the filter basket is above the line. I don't heat my remote setup. The bypass valve opens and everything drains out when the pump shuts off. What's the thinking behind yours?

How do you keep sap from freezing in the pvc manifold on top of the box? Is that bottom valve a bypass and it's able to drain it completely?

Thanks in advance for the input,

Sean
    Woodville Maples
    www.woodvillemaples.com
    Deer Run 250 RO
    Ford F350

Yes the bottom valve opens when pump shuts off from inkbird relay draining pint of sap remaining in line. I tilt box 5 degrees or so to the right so sap gravity flows thru right hand side into tank. there is a ball valve there as well (not shown) which i can use to recirculate pump from tank when it turns back on above 33 degrees to keep diaphragm wet on slow days. I probably dont need lamp heat with this setup but its redundant freezing protection for pump..

I've got my 4008 setup in a plastic tote. Computer power supply mounted under the board holding the pump. Small thermostat (not pictured) turns it on/off. Power supply runs all the time and I also rigged up a light bulb inside it and it's now lined with reflective bubble wrap so it can't freeze up. I should take some updated pics...

42.82N
    2015 - Small operation. 25 buckets. One excited 5 year old and one 35 year old that feels 5 again.
    2016 - One year older. New Homemade 2x4 Arch, Smoky Lake Pan and looking at 52 maples, 17 box elders and 2 walnut trees.
    2017 - Shurflo 4008 hooked to 42 stingy silver maples and a few Norways. A couple buckets on sugars and Norways. 10 box elders.
    2018 - ...a few more taps.
    2019 - ...more taps on 3/16 gravity. This spiral is heading downward in a hurry.
    2020 - 4x400 RO - RB20 (uh-oh!)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast