+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Lowering Maple Sugar costs

Would it be possible to bring commerical grade syrup up to a certain point to where there is little to no water content ?

Or would agitation have to be done and steam released turning it into sugar?

My thought was maybe we could add syrup into our chocolate if it had low enought water content.

Quote Originally Posted by upsmapleman View Post
    I never had much luck making sugar from commerical. Once it goes past dark robust grade it wil often just stay in a glob and not turn to sugar. I'm sure there are things you can do to change the invert sugar level but it is not worth the bother for me.

When you cook the syrup up you are taking the water out. When we stir it it breaks apart and turns into sugar. If you don't stir it it will be a big block.Having said that old timers use to pour blocks and when they wanted sugar they would shave off what they wanted. So yes I guess you could play with it and see what you get. Not sure if you just took the syrup up to say 260 and mixed it in with your candy while it is still hot what would happen. I think it would be worth playing with. Not sure what you are trying to do and that would you want to accomplish.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234